It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board

Tumor found in Bladder

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2018, 09:21 AM   #1
KiMaRaChAu18
(female)

KiMaRaChAu18 HB User
Question Tumor found in Bladder

Hi everyone, so back last year I was having back to back bladder infections. No one could figure out why until I went to see a Urologist that listened to me. You see I have a history of bladder infections since I was 3 years old I had a Grade Two Reflux surgery at that time. So my whole life I had on and off of UTI. But this was different, I had 5 in 4 months time. So my new Urologist I found did a scope inside the bladder where he found some blood and a tumor/cyst in there. It was removed and was benign, but here is the the thing my husband tells me from what he understands that even though it was benign it was still cancer. And I know from my understanding of this kind of Tumor I had it can reoccur as well which is why now I must follow up with my Urologist every three months. So can someone please tell me if a benign tumor is still cancer?

The following user gives a hug of support to KiMaRaChAu18:
quincy (01-29-2018)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Tumor found in Bladder

Hi...i don't have experience with bladder tumour, but I do with biopsies and hyperplasic polyps in the colon and stomach.

Did the doctor do biopsies as well?

I suggest you get a copy of the pathology results. It will state what kind of tumour and if it is in a benign state but still the kind that could head into cancer, or a hyperplasia tumour that is caused by inflammation.

The pathology report is invaluable for your research, knowledge and proactive process regarding questions and clarification from your doctor, next step, surveillance scopes, etc.

Happy to hear it's benign.

q

Last edited by quincy; 01-29-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Tumor found in Bladder

The short answer to you question is "no". Benign means noncancerous.

Frequent infections are likely a risk factor along with smoking and exposure to chemicals and etc., as you might know.

However, although others may not, I would include diet because diet has a big influence on the maintenance of one's immune system. A healthy diet may help to avoid future infections and tumors.

I would avoid or cut down on foods that promote rapid cell growth, like dairy and other forms of animal protein. Animal protein contains Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF1).

Get most of your protein from legumes and whole grains etc.. Most plant foods contain protein.

Fresh fruit, a wide variety of healthy vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds are the foods you should concentrate on.

Fiber from the above foods will give a big boost to your immune system. Try to get at least 25 grams of fiber per day and your immune system will thank you.

Last edited by JohnR41; 01-29-2018 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added a thought.

Reply Reply