It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board

• Unusual Bladder problem..feels I have to go..help help..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2003, 03:06 PM   #1
    Wolffy

Wolffy HB User
    Wink Unusual Bladder problem..feels I have to go..help help..

2 months ago I had bladder sensations that I needed to go shortly (10-15 minutes or so) after I had just went. If I tried to go sometimes I could but sometimes I couldn't. It got worse were my stream wasn't very powerful and my bladder was feeling full all the time. I went to see a family doc and he checked my prostate. It was fine. He did a urinalysis test and everything was fine. No infections or blood. He thought maybe stress or more exercise would help but gave me a prescription for Flomax. I didn't use it just to see if my symptoms would disappear. They did and things seemed fine. I had an appt. with a urologist I had made before and decided to go. He checked me out with a basic ultrasound and my bladder seemed to empty after going. He checked my prostate and did another urinalysis test and everything is fine. No blood..infection... etc..thought my sphincter muscle wasn't relaxing properly ? I think thats the muscle he said...

Everything seemed fine until 4 weeks later and again I am experiencing some slight symptoms again. It does not hurt to urinate....no sexual problems at all...just my bladder feels unempty and that I need to go but sometimes can't...

Should I go back again ? Am I nuts ?

Help Help !!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2003, 01:33 PM   #2
    jorob

jorob HB User
    My sister has the same problem. They did a cystoscopy and she has spastic bladder.

Old 11-17-2003, 06:48 PM   #3
    Lochnessie

Lochnessie HB User
    I too was diagnosed with a "spastic bladder" (along with IC and low bladder capacity). You should go back to your dr. and discuss maybe drug therapy that might help with the urgency, like Detrol and Ditropan. I've tried both, and found I was allergic to the Detrol (wicked rash). The Ditropan works really well with me. I've had urinary urgency since I was a child and I have found the Ditropan to decrease my symptoms 80-90%. Of course, when you have a UTI, nothing works...Hope I was some help to you...

Closed Thread