It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board

• Fallen Bladder - Cystocele - Please Help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-23-2004, 09:18 AM   #1
    LifeJourney

LifeJourney HB User
    Fallen Bladder - Cystocele - Please Help

For the past five months I've been going to doctors to figure out why I have a lump in my vagina. It started out the size of a pencil eraser. She said she couldn't find it. Three months later it was the size of a marble. Second gynecologist said she couldn't find it. Then I went to a urogynecologist. It took her two months and several tests to find it. I also have a stone in my bladder which has been hurting me for five months with no relief. My "lump" in my vagina has now grown to twice the size of a marble. I have to now wait 2 1/2 weeks to see a urologist. I don't know what I should do for the next two and a half weeks so that it doesn't get worse. I usually walk 3 miles a day, very hard and very fast. Does anyone know if I continue to do this if my situation in my vagina will worsten. Also I have to do something for three days that will require heavy lifting. Is this also going to create a p roblem and make it worse?

Also, I have no idea what will be done to fix the fallen bladder. I know about the thing you put in your vagina but I don't want to do that. Can surgery repair the problem. What do they do?

Also I can't figure out what it means to have a fallen bladder that pops thru your vagina. Is your bladder normally inside your vagina. Is there something separating them which means I now have a hole in my vagina where the bladder popped thru? Will that hole get bigger with exercise? Will I be able to exercise after its repaired?

I know I have a lot of questions but I don't know wherelse to go for help.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2004, 09:29 AM   #2
    kellie2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kellie2 HB User
    Re: Fallen Bladder - Cystocele - Please Help

My mother-in-law had this a couple of years ago, and yes, she could feel 'something' outside of her vagina. That is your uterus, not your bladder. Your bladder and all your other organs are separate, one is not inside the other, but when your bladder falls, it will normally press down on whatever is underneath it and also push that down. In your case, it is probably your uterus you may be feeling outside of your vagina, and depending on your age, they may simply do a hysterectomy along with the bladder suspension. My mother-in-law was 70 so keeping her uterus was not an issue for her. She's felt great ever since. Everyone I know who has had a bladder suspension has been very happy they had it done as it pretty much puts them back to normal. NOw, I don't understand about this lump you're talking about, unless it's simply your bladder continuing to push down on everything. I also don't understand why you could feel this but the doctors couldn't? Which is what makes me wonder if it's truly a lump or not. Exercise? I would think this is something you should ask your doctor. If you've been exercising all along, you probably still can, but not sure about heavy lifting. I wouldn't do it but that's me.

Old 05-23-2004, 09:38 AM   #3
    LifeJourney

LifeJourney HB User

Thanks for your reply, but it really is my bladder....confirmed by the urogynecologist finally. I think the lump is the bladder stone pushing through.

I am only 48. I don't think this should be happening.

Old 05-23-2004, 09:40 AM   #4
    LifeJourney

LifeJourney HB User

What is a bladder suspension?

Old 05-24-2004, 09:29 PM   #5
    kellie2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kellie2 HB User

A bladder suspension is where they tighten the muscles that normally support your bladder so it's back in the position it's suppose to be. And no, 48 is not too young for this, women younger than you have had fallen bladders. My sister-in-law had one after her third child when she was only 30.

Old 07-01-2004, 09:44 PM   #6
    Fairyboots

Fairyboots HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kellie2
    A bladder suspension is where they tighten the muscles that normally support your bladder so it's back in the position it's suppose to be. And no, 48 is not too young for this, women younger than you have had fallen bladders. My sister-in-law had one after her third child when she was only 30.

I am 39 and had MY Hysterctomy Sept 26th 2002 along with a SLING which fell on one side after 3 months because the Dr pulled my Bladder
    up too High . I went through earlie menopause at 33 and was misdiagnosed so when I went to get a Pap march 2002 I was told I was going into a stage 3 Prolapse and needed a Hyst / Sling .
    I had 5 kids and by the time my Youngest was 6 I was having severe pain in my stomach (My Muscles detaching) and painfull periods ( Don't miss that ONE BIT!) because my Uterus was falling out along with my Bladder.
    It usually happens to Older wemon but there are those of us who are an exception to this Prolpase Problem- needless to say 17 months later I had my 1 string holding my Bladder just barley in and I had an Anterior Repair done Feb 19th 2004
    I am better now than I was before the 1st surgery
    Roxanna

Old 07-01-2004, 11:35 PM   #7
    butterflytrans
    Senior Veteran

butterflytrans HB Userbutterflytrans HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fairyswearboots2
    I am 39 and had MY Hysterctomy Sept 26th 2002 along with a SLING which fell on one side after 3 months because the Dr pulled my Bladder
    up too High . I went through earlie menopause at 33 and was misdiagnosed so when I went to get a Pap march 2002 I was told I was going into a stage 3 Prolapse and needed a Hyst / Sling .
    I had 5 kids and by the time my Youngest was 6 I was having severe pain in my stomach (My Muscles detaching) and painfull periods ( Don't miss that ONE BIT!) because my Uterus was falling out along with my Bladder.
    It usually happens to Older wemon but there are those of us who are an exception to this Prolpase Problem- needless to say 17 months later I had my 1 string holding my Bladder just barley in and I had an Anterior Repair done Feb 19th 2004
    I am better now than I was before the 1st surgery
    Roxanna
    It's not just the age that causes it Roxanna, but it's also having more than two children delivered vaginally! I have a feeling this applies to you. Am I right?

Old 07-04-2004, 01:04 PM   #8
    Fairyboots

Fairyboots HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by butterflytrans
    It's not just the age that causes it Roxanna, but it's also having more than two children delivered vaginally! I have a feeling this applies to you. Am I right?
    Your are right ! I had 5 normal deliveries
    All 5 over 7'12 and 9'2 lbs - I had a Tubal and after about 4 years I started having severe pains in my Stomach that felt like someone was reaching up and trying to pull all my Female Organs out, that was my Muscles detaching.
    Before March 2002 I had never even heard of Utero/Organ Prolapse .
    Roxanna

Closed Thread