It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board

• Sparc Bladder Sling Nightmare

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
    Clynn777
    (female)

Clynn777 HB User
    Angry Sparc Bladder Sling Nightmare

I am new to this posting but want to alert other women to the nightmare of a bladder sling. The Sparc in particular, since it is the only one I am experienced with. I had one along with a hysterectomy in July this year. Since having this proceedure to correct occassional leaking when sneezing, etc., I now have continual pressure pain in groin area, can no longer climax and my clitoris has basically 'withered away'. NOT due to a lack hormones, as I menopaused 10 years ago and did not experience any of these problems!!! And, yes, I have been taking HRT all along. I am told by the doc to just be patient, it takes time to heal. No one is listening to my complaints. Do not get one! If you have had one I want to hear from you please post. Also, where can I see what this sparc sling looks like that now lives in my body and has cut the blood supply to my pleasure center? HELP, I am spiraling into depression.

Last edited by Clynn777; 10-30-2007 at 10:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
    gardenandcats
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
    Re: Sparc Bladder Sling Nightmare

Can you get it removed? I'm sorry your having to go through this

Old 10-31-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
    VVermast
    (female)

VVermast HB User
    Re: Sparc Bladder Sling Nightmare

First, find a good malpractice lawyer and sue. You should definitely not be having the problems you are, and it sounds to me as if you have suffered some nerve damage.

Was the surgeon who did this one who specialized in urinary problems of women? If you can't find one of those in your area, there's an excellent one here in St Louis, MO. His name is Fah Che Leong. He performed a similar sling procedure on me in 2001 and I have had no problem.

Hope you can get help.

Closed Thread