It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bone Message Board

Stage IV Osteosarcoma- What's your experience?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
cancerkiller
(female)

cancerkiller HB User
Stage IV Osteosarcoma- What's your experience?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there has been diagnosed with periosteal sarcoma or also anyone that has had any osteosarcoma that has metastasized before? I am curious to know what experiences you guys had and the treatments you were offered.

I just got out of the hospital after a thoracotomy on my R lung. While in surgery they discovered more growths in my L lung and bronchial tubes that did not show on previous scans. They have scheduled me for chemotherapy but I am reluctant. I am a biology/nutrition major and have read some promising testimonials about various alternative cancer treatments. Anyone have any experience with this?

How about chemotherapy? Anyone have any great successes?

Thanks and good luck.

Love, Niki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
gmak
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Stage IV Osteosarcoma- What's your experience?

Hi ck, Im so sorry that you are going through this. My dad had histiosarcoma in his forearm, it was pea sized so surgically excised but my dad knew it was back & his oncologist recommended amputation so at this time he went to a huge cancer only hospital in houston & the team of drs there came up with a no amputation plan & he had all the tissues except bone removed & rebuilt by plastic surgeons from elbow to wrist using muscles, nerves & skin from other places in his body & had radiation, gold seed implantation & 3 years later had lobectomy to remove it from lung & had chemo. 9 years later appeared in ulna bone & had the ulna partially removed. It was a long journey with metastasis along the way because the nature of his cancer was aggresive but between those he was healthy, having 6 month follow ups but eventually was declared cancer free at 10 years after his last surgery. My dad thought he would lose his arm or have cancer until terminal & he never dreamed that he would get to keep his arm & be cancer free but he was, it seemed like a miracle to us! I hope that you have a great cancer hospital that you have access to & an innovative group of drs that will find the perfect plan so that you can be cancer free as well!

Last edited by gmak; 04-30-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:35 AM   #3
CFLNJ89
(female)

CFLNJ89 HB User
Re: Stage IV Osteosarcoma- What's your experience?

In my opinion - cancer is never something you treat lightly. Holistic treatments, in my opinion, seem best for overall health such as weight management, pain management, overall just being healthy etc. But cancer? No, i personally don't believe eating vegetables will make it disappear.

I had a relative with bone cancer that spread to her lungs. It was an intense year of surgery and chemotherapy but she has been cancer free for years now.

Listen to your doctors and always get second opinions.

Closed Thread

Tags
alternative medicine, bone cancer, chemotherapy, metastatic cancer, osteosarcoma