It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bowel Message Board

• Gallbladder Removal and link to colon cancer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
    nr1234
    (female)

nr1234 HB User
    Gallbladder Removal and link to colon cancer

Hey everyone,

I removed my gallbladder a year ago. I'm 24 years old. I have problems with my colon ranging from polyps, fissures and roids. I recently lost 93lbs. Still losing weight unintentionally and now I'm underweight. I went shopping and I felt extreme pressure in my rectum and pain I actually went to the bathroom to check if there was blood but there wasn't. I also have frequent bouts of diarrhea. I also had extreme cramping near my right hip which I've seen a dr for and he thought it was a uti. A few months later the pain was back again saw a different dr he thought its a pulled muscle and he prescribed anti-inflammatories and all hell broke lose. I was walking into work and I ended up staining my pants with blood. I told the dr about this he just said to discontinue the medication. Since then I've become constipated. I have taken prunes, fiber supplements and liquid paraffin. Seems to help a bit. Anyone seen a link between the two conditions? Or has any advice for me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Gallbladder Removal and link to colon cancer

Sounds like you either you are one of the 1% who have bile issues after removal or you didn't adhere to a fat free diet for the first few weeks after removal. And anti-inflammatories are notorious for causing digestive issues including stomach ulcers.

I'd say get on a fat free diet for a couple of weeks and also delete raw foods (lettuce, tomatoes,etc) and take a probiotic or be sure and eat yogurt daily. Try that for a couple of weeks and see if things straighten out.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
    nr1234 (12-30-2015)
    Old 12-30-2015, 12:41 AM   #3
    nr1234
    (female)

nr1234 HB User
    Re: Gallbladder Removal and link to colon cancer

Thank you for the reply . I will try what you mentioned enjoy your new year.

Closed Thread