It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bowel Message Board

• Need some advice on symptoms!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-15-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
    jp993
    (male)

jp993 HB User
    Need some advice on symptoms!

Hey guys, first post!

Some background:
    Both my grandparents on my father's side were diagnosed with bowel cancer, but my father has had no problems with his bowel.

I am 22 years old, male, and since around the age of 15 I have had a varied bowel movement, mucus and occasionally (although very infrequently) bright red blood in my stool. These symptoms come and go.

I am physically active every day, the strongest I have ever been, have a decent diet and I'm a bit of a hypochondriac.
    I've managed to convince myself that I have bowel cancer and it has spread to my lymph nodes.

However, since the age of 15 I have had numerous blood tests, a fecal occult blood test, numerous doctors feeling for lumps in my stomach and a prostate exam. All of these tests returned with no issues.
    Recently I have been passing mucus and I have a small purple lump on my back passage, a very small amount of bright blood as well.

What I'm curious about is whether I have had Bowel Cancer for the last seven years and it has somehow gone undetected. Is this likely or even possible? Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #2
    carolathequeen
    (female)

carolathequeen HB User
    Re: Need some advice on symptoms!

Have you ever had a colonoscopy? I would suggest you book an appointment
    with a top notch Gastro Doctor. You need piece of mind. Doesn't sound serious.
    Good luck.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

Your pretty young to have colon cancer.

Bright red blood is usually hemorroids.

I agree you should get a colonoscopy just to be safe.

Best of luck to you.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:37 PM   #4
    Sky90
    (female)

Sky90 HB User

My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. It runs in our family. My 3 sisters and I had genetics testing done to see if we carry the gene. Myself and two of my sisters tested positive. My oldest sister noticed blood in her stool at 18yrs old. She was sent for a colonoscopy and was given the choice of chemo or surgery removing her whole large intestine, as they found 100s of polyps -she went with the surgery. Myself, the precancerous polyps started developing in my small intestine. I've had to get many of them removed in the last 3 years. This past year they have just started developing in my large intestine.

Request an upper scope and colonoscopy! Perhaps get genetic testing done if your that worried as well. At least that way, if you are positive for cancer you can start your fight before it gets a chance!

Reply Reply