It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bowel Message Board

• Could this be cancer?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Chellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB User
    Could this be cancer?!

Ok so I'm a 21 year old female. For the past 8 years I've had this bloated like pushin out feeling in my upper abdomen. This all started after I had severe panic attacks at 13 years old. I woke up after a month or so of panic with a swollen feelin upper abdomen. It's been that way ever since. It makes it hard to take a full breath most times. Sometimes I can get over it but it is usually more noticeable during times of stress and anxiety. My stools are usually normal except for when they are hard then bright red blood comes out. But when they are soft there is no blood. Since march though after some extreme stress I have been dizzy, nauseaous, and my lower back hurts with lots of rectal pressure. Like when I sit down to pee it feels like my rectum is pushing out for a bowel movement!! And standing I feel it and laying down I feel it. It is like my rectum is constantly moving I guess. Like it won't settle into it's normal feeling bc of all the pressure. My doc keeps saying hemroids and as for the dizziness she said I have inner ear fluid build up. I dont know what to do anymore help? Also my stools have been more loose lately but I think not is because of vitamins I have been taking.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
    warrenroth
    (male)

warrenroth HB User
    Re: Could this be cancer?!

First, relax The bloody stool you described is not likely to be evidence of cancer. It is more likely to be hard stools abrading the rectum and causing slight bleeding. Try increasing Fiber in your diet. The blood in stools that may signal cancer is Occult blood or digested blood, since most polyps that turn cancerous are in the upper or middle digestive track and bleeding there is usually digested. That is a simple test called a Hemacult and can be done without any pain easily, which will find occult blood within the stool (even when it can't be seen). Concerning bloating, that can be caused by too much stool or in the stomach when it doesn't empty properly, or, it can be gaseous producing foods. Look at your diet. Even Migraine can delay stomach emptying so it may bloat then too (Gastro-paresis), and there are medications for that as well, when it is problematic, so Don't over medicate and see a doctor to have an exam.

Last edited by warrenroth; 10-30-2014 at 08:01 AM. Reason: additional

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, cancer, ibs