It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Brain Message Board

brain cancer

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
Mrs88
(female)

Mrs88 HB User
Smile brain cancer

I have a friend who was diagnosed with brain cancer earlier this year. its stage 4 cancer.. and shes been doing radiation chemo etc.. well this week she finds out of shes in remission.. great i hope she is .. but the thing is she said she will never be cancer free??

i thought being in remission was cancer free im not sure well anyway shes a good friend of mine i have been praying and praying for her to get better.

Thanks.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-11-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
captjane
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User
Re: brain cancer

I think what she means is that there is no cure for cancer, and even if she goes into remission then she will still need to be monitored to make sure the cancer does not come back. I have a relative with brain cancer (stage 4) and unfortunately after months of treatment it has not gone into remission and another tumor has just been found on her latest scan which is not really accessible for surgical removal. It's not uncommon for cancer to go into remission and come back later.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
Boymomsrock
(female)

Boymomsrock HB User
Re: brain cancer

I was told by our neurosurgeon (my late husbands surgeon) that brain tumors always come back. They can't get it all because the cells are like an octopus with tentacles and it's nearly impossible to get it all. It's a dreadful disease, i'm so sorry for your friend.

Closed Thread