It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

• Breast pain and scared, please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
    Rammy93
    (female)

Rammy93 HB User
    Exclamation Breast pain and scared, please help!

Hello everyone, I'm reposting this here because I had no replies on my previous post in women's health and I'm really scared. My doctor's appointment isn't until next week so I'm looking for some kind of insight to calm my nerves for the time being.

Hi, I am a 22 year old female and I have a very tender/sore spot on my left breast I've had this pain before and it usually comes and goes and has been since around March, I went to the doctor and he found nothing wrong with it so I've never been that concerned with it. Yesterday I noticed that it hurt/was tender more than it has been before. It hurts to the touch and it is very sore, so now I'm starting to worry that it could be breast cancer. The pain is in the same spot that it is always in and hasn't moved, but it is way more sore than before. I've been checking myself regularly and haven't found any lumps. I should add that this is the first time it has come back since about Feb/March (it was off and on then). Should I be concerned? I will be making an appointment with my doctor for sometime this week, I'm just looking to get some answers for the time being to calm my nerves. Thank you!

Thought I should add, I am now starting to feel some tenderness on my right breast in the same exact spot as my left, I'm really worried...
    Also the pain I am feeling in my left breast is worse and seems to have spread a little throughout the breast. I am really scared that this is something bad.

Any insight on what this may be would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much!

Last edited by Rammy93; 09-25-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2016, 11:29 AM   #2
    kmom80
    (female)

kmom80 HB User
    Re: Breast pain and scared, please help!

I just had a sonomammogram for breast pain and other
    things and they found calcifications on the side that didn't hurt! Certain medications can cause breast pain and hormonal issues have you used a new birth control, changed your diet, exercising more, really stressed out? I'm 35 and my doctor said I'm way too young that I have a better chance of getting struck by a meteor than having bc. I think your issue is probably from your cycle or hormonal issues or side effects to meds. If it really is that tender you can have mastitis and they just give you antibiotics. If you were a lot older and had breast changes I would say screen for other things but take a deep breath. I wish I was 22 again!

Last edited by mod85; 01-09-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Breast pain and scared, please help!

Breast cancer normally is not painful. So, odds are it's some sort of calcification or cyst. Since it's hurting in the same spot on the other breast, are you sure it isn't from your bra? Or lack of one if you don't wear one all the time?

Closed Thread

Tags
    breast pain, painful breasts, sore, tenderness