It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

biopsy and scared to death

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
miley713
(female)

miley713 HB User
biopsy and scared to death

Hi im new here having a biopsy on my left breast tomorrow for a new dense mass i think is what he said. Its a new density underneath my breast. I was just so stunned i really didnt understand. But i do know its a bi rads 4 and is spiculated. I could feel no lump so was taken by total suprise.
Im so scared, i have a gut feeling it will be cancer its just how my life goes. But so praying of course its not. But he also asked if i had any trauma there? Wasnt thinking then but between my dogs and the dogs at work those are 2 bulls eyes. Or hoping pre menopausal, im 46 so you never know? Thanks for letting me vent, i have read alot on here so i know many of you understand

The following user gives a hug of support to miley713:
movielover40 (10-19-2016)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2016, 07:30 AM   #2
movielover40
Senior Veteran
(male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User
Re: biopsy and scared to death

Praying it goes well for you.

Keep us updated.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:25 AM   #3
lintek55
(female)

lintek55 HB User
Re: biopsy and scared to death

Hi Miley713,
I read your post that you were going to have a breast biopsy and that you have a birads 4.
I can understand the fear of having to be told you "might" have a malignancy in your breast and that you have to have a biopsy. The waiting, from being told you have to set up appointment to the day you have the biopsy and then waiting for the results can cause a lot of anxiety.
What type of biopsy did you have? an excisional or a needle core biopsy, etc.
How did you make out with the results?
I pray that all turned out well for you and hope you come back to let us know how you made out.
I'm here for you if you need to vent.

I've had 3 biopsies and all were different. A core needle biopsy guided by ultra sound, an MRI guided, and last a lumpectomy which I had no idea they were going to take out as much tissue as they did. It wound up being atypical ductal hyperplasia. called, ADH with other changes too within the breasts. Some people are put on med's to prevent cancer with a diagnosis of ADH, but I wasn't told to take it. Both my sisters had breast cancers. both different types and both different treatments. My 1St sister didn't have a lump therefore couldn't have a lumpectomy but had it biopsied and was positive, then had other breast tested, that came back with positive tissue so she opted to have a total mastectomy.. my 2nd sister, who was older had a cyst that kept coming back. they watched it.. finally aspirated it and it had cancer cells in it. she was put on tamoxifin for many years. It prevented breast cancer from ever coming back.

Best wishes to you.. hope to hear back from you,
sincerely,
Lintek

Reply Reply