It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

Breast cancer appointment

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #1
sara89251
(female)

sara89251 HB User
Breast cancer appointment

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me please?
Went to the docs because of breast changes- left side sore breast and armpit area, sore nipple and sticking out more than usual, itchiness all over breast and nipple, piercing knife like pain, also breast looks quite swollen especially compared to the other and it just looks different.
Thought the doc would say it's hormonal because I've started a new pill instead she sent me to the breast care clinic urgently as she could feel a lump
Had my appointment today. The doctor examined my breast and said he could feel lumpiness but it felt normal. They gave me a quick ultrasound too. He said it's prob dermatitis and wouldn't worry as I'm young (31).
Too be honest it all felt rushed didn't have any other tests. Should i just trust what he says, the appointment should have put my mind at rest but it hasn't. Are ultrasounds reliable in breast cancer detection?
Thank you x

Last edited by sara89251; 02-16-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply