It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

Male breast pain and lump

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2017, 07:45 PM   #1
Apparelzoo99
(male)

Apparelzoo99 HB User
Male breast pain and lump

hi,

i have schizophrenia and have recently started taking medication again after stopping for a few months. The doctor pescribed me 1mg risperidone and i have taken it for about 1 month. But for the past week i have had pain in my right breast ( i am a male thats a little overweight). The issueright now is very complex. I have right breast pain specifically near the nipple area but my main concern is i have a lump there. According to my knowledge i've always had this lump underneath and near my nipple for as long as i can remember. maybe 7-8 years. i always thought it was normal just being there near the nipple. Now the problem is, i have a little bit of pain there when i touch my right nipple region where the lump is at. i went to get a ultrasound and mammogram today and will have the results back in 3-4 days to see if there is anything cancerous. Can this really be breast cancer for me as a male or could it be something else thats not serious like a cyst?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Male breast pain and lump

Unfortunately, men do get breast cancer....until you have the tests there is no way to know for sure. There is also a chance that it is a benign cyst, or a complex cyst, which can be drained and will rid you of the pain.

I hope it is nothing...please come back and let us know!

Best to you!!!

Old 05-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #3
jackje1
(female)

jackje1 HB User
Re: Male breast pain and lump

Men can also get breast cancer. You have done the wise thing by seeing your provider and getting testing done.

Reply Reply