It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

Update from my last thread. Architectural Distortion.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
Penzfan
(female)

Penzfan HB User
Not Diagnosed, but very scared..

Hi,

I just had my yearly mammogram done a week ago, they did a 3-D on me this time because I do have dense breasts. They have repeatedly noted in my files that I do have normal stable variant asymetry in my left breast, but there are never changes to it. This time there appears to be a slight change and they want me to come in for additional views..on July 5th, so until then, me, a person who has horrible anxiety, has to worry. I am 47, have no family history. I do not have any lumps and they didn't say that I did, told me not to worry, if they found something significant, they would have me in sooner. But how do I not worry? ugh..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #2
Penzfan
(female)

Penzfan HB User
Update from my last thread. Architectural Distortion.

This is what my mammogram stated. I am going back for a diagnostic mammo on July 5th and just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this? Or am I worrying for nothing? Thank you!

CLINICAL HISTORY: The patient is 47 years old and presents for routine screening. FINDINGS: Bilateral digital mammography with CAD reveals heterogeneously dense breast tissue, which may obscure small masses. The right breast shows no suspicious findings as compared to prior examination(s), the most recent of which is dated 06/04/2016. On the left, possible architectural distortion is noted for which additional evaluation is necessary.
Impression

No evidence of malignancy in the right breast. Incomplete examination of the left breast. RECOMMENDATION: Additional imaging is necessary of the left breast. We will contact the patient and ask the patient to return for further evaluation. OVERALL ASSESSMENT: BI-RADS: 0 - INCOMPLETE: NEED ADDITIONAL IMAGING EVALUATION RIS CODE: 3ADDLT

Old 07-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #3
babygirl127
(female)

babygirl127 HB Userbabygirl127 HB User
Re: Update from my last thread. Architectural Distortion.

How did everything go? I hope all okay. I had something similar in left a few years back. worded that way architectural distortion. Mine turned out to me a small mass, lump it was precancerous. I had a lumpectomy. Got it all and no further treatment needed. Do not in no way want to worry or scare you, but that was my outcome. So it is better to get more photos and maybe ultrasound and or biopsy too. I pray all okay for you.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #4
Penzfan
(female)

Penzfan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl127 View Post
How did everything go? I hope all okay. I had something similar in left a few years back. worded that way architectural distortion. Mine turned out to me a small mass, lump it was precancerous. I had a lumpectomy. Got it all and no further treatment needed. Do not in no way want to worry or scare you, but that was my outcome. So it is better to get more photos and maybe ultrasound and or biopsy too. I pray all okay for you.

Thank you for asking! I actually just had a breast ultrasound this morning, the doctor said it is a radial scar that is typically benign, but still needs a biopsy, which we scheduled for early september. I guess I can breathe a sigh of relief now. I am very glad that yours was not cancerous and that you had it taken out. I'm sure they will want to take this radial scar out as well.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #5
babygirl127
(female)

babygirl127 HB Userbabygirl127 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penzfan View Post
Thank you for asking! I actually just had a breast ultrasound this morning, the doctor said it is a radial scar that is typically benign, but still needs a biopsy, which we scheduled for early september. I guess I can breathe a sigh of relief now. I am very glad that yours was not cancerous and that you had it taken out. I'm sure they will want to take this radial scar out as well.

Glad to hear it is benign. Never heard of a radial scar. Good luck with your biopsy. Pray for a good outcome for you. Take care.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #6
Penzfan
(female)

Penzfan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl127 View Post
Glad to hear it is benign. Never heard of a radial scar. Good luck with your biopsy. Pray for a good outcome for you. Take care.

What is a radial scar of the breast? A radial scar of the breast, and also known as complex sclerosing lesion of the breast, is a benign breast lesion that can radiologically mimic malignancy (cancer).

They are rare and they do cause pain, because I do have pain where the lesion is located. Thank you again.

Reply Reply