It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

Help for Someone Else

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
LindaxVista
(female)

LindaxVista HB User
Help for Someone Else

I hope this is allowed...but the help is not for me, but for someone else.

She has a family history of cancer. She is also overweight and has asthma (not sure if that could affect any of this, but figured this would be better if I told you guys). A few months ago, she discovered a lump in her breast. It rapidly grew. To the point where one breast was twice the size of her other breast. There was a sore.

I say was because it is no longer visible. The sore is mostly all black, with black branches coming out, like her veins have turned black. We thought it could be fatty necrosis and she was worried it was gangrene. The lump is warm to the touch. When she showed me her breast, I remember seeing no nipple, so I am not sure if it's inverted or black or what.

It looks three times as big as her other breast now. She is four foot eleven. Overweight. And is 56 years old.

Does this sound like breast cancer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Help for Someone Else

I don't know what it is but it definitely must be checked out. Please see that she sees her gyno.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:03 PM   #3
LindaxVista
(female)

LindaxVista HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
I don't know what it is but it definitely must be checked out. Please see that she sees her gyno.
She's a bit scared because she doesn't want to hear the C word (who does?) but I will certainly tell her she has too. I've been urging her to do so, because if mine were in that condition, I'd be at the gyno, but I will kick up my urging! Thank you!

Old 06-25-2017, 05:10 AM   #4
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It could just be a cyst or an infection. Either could be resolved easily but could be dangerous if left alone. So it doesn't have to be the "c" word to be serious. And there are many more options that "c" so the odds are in her favor.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:46 AM   #5
LindaxVista
(female)

LindaxVista HB User

Thank you all for the messages, she is currently in the hospital.

Her doctor said he'd be shocked if it wasn't cancer.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #6
LindaxVista
(female)

LindaxVista HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaxVista View Post
Thank you all for the messages, she is currently in the hospital.

Her doctor said he'd be shocked if it wasn't cancer.
It is breast cancer. The tumor is about the size of a soccer ball. It has broken through her breast and most of the skin that was on her breast is dead and dying. They won't do surgery and remove the breast and tumor. They want to shrink the tumor with hormone therapy and melt it away with Chemotherapy. No talk of anything dealing with the dead and dying breast.

Reply Reply

Tags
breast, cancer, illness, lump in breast, sore