It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

Is this fibrocystic breast pain?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #1
andia
(female)

andia HB User
Is this fibrocystic breast pain?

I am 46 and believe I am in perimenopause as I have been having changes to my cycles. I have had a 3Dmammogram and u/s 6 months ago and have many cysts and extremely dense breasts.
I also have always had breast pain before period, but it seems the pain is worse, especially on the right side and doesn't go away completely after my period. I feel pain more on the upper outer area and towards the armpit and feel some pain under the arm as well, but more on the outside of the armpit on the chest close to the armpit and up higher towards my collar bone and shoulder. It feels like an aching tender pain not sharp.
I don't feel any big lumps, although my breasts are lumpy anyways, so it's hard to tell.
Could this be fibrocystic breast changes causing the pain?
I am due for a follow up u/s in a few weeks to check my cysts so I will ask them to check the right side auxilary area, but wanted to ask if anyone has had this pain and it is just fibrocystic?
Thank you, it's hard not to worry!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2017, 04:14 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Is this fibrocystic breast pain?

Sounds like that is what's going on. Have any of your doctors told you to get off caffeine? It can make the cysts more painful.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:44 PM   #3
andia
(female)

andia HB User

Thanks for responding. I really appreciate it. I feel like my hormones are out of whack due to perimenopause.

I have cut back on caffeine, but may have to try cutting it out all together

I do notice the pain isn't as bad after my period, but still there. I find it worse on the right side (the side where I have many cysts) lately.

I also did not realize that it could go so high up the chest and feel aching below my collar bone and sometimes shoulder and arm on that side ache. I do wonder if it's my lymph nodes under the collar bone as it feels tender when I poke around there.

Hopefully it's just fibrocystic changes, but I will get them to look around on my u/s.

Thank you again

Old 11-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #4
kec1944
(female)

kec1944 HB User

Hi there, I am also 46 and having the same issue, except it’s on my upper outer left breast. I had a 3D mammogram 6 weeks ago which I was told was normal, although according to the report, I have dense breasts. I do feel a thickening in the painful area. I went to my GYN yesterday and she felt it might just be inflamed due to hormonal flux. She said if it doesn’t improve after my next period has come and gone, she’ll send me for an ultrasound.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:03 PM   #5
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Many states require by law that the imaging centers notify women who have dense breasts. Alabama does and that's a good thing so that we know things can hide in there so we need to be vigilant about getting our mamograms...and 3D if at all possible!!!

Reply Reply