It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

Slight pain above nipple when pressed

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
Nikkig88
(female)

Nikkig88 HB User
Slight pain above nipple when pressed

About a month ago I discovered that I had a slight pain when I was doing my self exam above my right nipple. The pain is only there when I press on it, if not touched I wouldnít have even discovered it. I thought it was weird that I had it two weeks before my period, so I booked a doc appointment. He sent me to get an ultrasound and the results came back showing a couple of cysts and a lymph node. He said the pain should go away after my next period, I told him that it hasnít gone away from my previous one a couple weeks ago, so he is sending me for another ultrasound once I finish my next one.. he said the next step would be a mammogram. I left feeling very uneasy because he didnít tell me anything.... I was hoping it was related to a cyst.. but he made no mention of that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2018, 04:29 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Slight pain above nipple when pressed

Hi cysts can be very painful...but the good news is that they can also rupture on their own and be absolutely nothing.

I had a similar issue...my cyst was determined to be a "complex" cyst according to my mammogram. Since there is no way to know for sure that its just a cyst, they decided to do a needle biopsy...scariest day of my life! The good news is that the surgeon did a quick needle biopsy, sent me next door for another mammogram and when I came back, it was GONE! The needle aspirated the fluid and it was truly nothing to worry about.

Around your period, cysts can develop; both on your breasts and your uterus...most of the time if they are just cysts, they do go away eventually....sometimes when they rupture it actually hurts until the fluid is absorbed back into your body...but once that happens, its over. You are fine.

Get the mammogram if that is what they suggest...follow through. You know your body better than anyone else and do whatever they want to do to make sure that it really is "just a cyst". Chances are very good that this is nothing to freak out over.

Keep us posted? Sending you hugs!

Old 02-17-2018, 05:58 AM   #3
Nikkig88
(female)

Nikkig88 HB User
Re: Slight pain above nipple when pressed

thanks for your message! I am going for an ultrasound after my next period ends (send in a week and a bit), I also am trying not to touch the spot on my breast because since I discovered it.. it havenít stopped touching it. Iím hoping this goes away on its own and that it really is related to my menstral cycle. I am hoping itís just a cysts, but my doctor didnít say it was.. so thatís why I was kind of left feeling uneasy about it... but, maybe he is just being sure.
Iíll sefinitely keep you all updated.. thanks!

Reply Reply