It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

How was your BC diagnosed?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
kec1944
(female)

kec1944 HB User
How was your BC diagnosed?

Just curious how everyone was first diagnosed? Was it through mammo, ultrasound, etc? Did you find a lump yourself, with or without pain? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: How was your BC diagnosed?

Cancer doesn't hurt...but lumps can hurt. Whether a mamo picks up a growth- or whether you find it yourself- there is usually no pain associated with cancerous tumors.

What can hurt is if the mass is being pushed by your bra strap- or if you push on it hard, that can hurt..but generally speaking, it should not hurt.

I had 2 masses found- both times I was scared out of my mind. One I found myself, one was picked up on a scan....both turned out to be cysts. I have also gone through a different type of cancer which I had absolutely no idea I had - it was also picked up by a yearly test. Cancer doesnt hurt until it is very far advanced.

Not sure if this helps you or not, but if you are having any sort of pain, please go see your gynecologist. Dont wait... I hope you are only asking out of curiosity!

Old 11-27-2018, 07:43 PM   #3
kec1944
(female)

kec1944 HB User

Hi there, well, I AM curious how women were first diagnosed, mainly because I am going through a scare myself. I have dense breasts, had a clear 3D mammogram 2 months ago, but I have recently discovered a painful lump/thickened area in the upper outer quadrant of my left breast. The pain does not dissipate after my menstrual cycle. I had an ultrasound today and the radiologist felt it necessary for me to have an ultrasound guided biopsy of the area. I am guessing that if he felt it was a cyst, he wouldn't insist on a biopsy. I am 46 years old, no family history, no risk factors at all, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I am hoping and praying it is just a clump of normal fibrous tissue.

Last edited by kec1944; 11-27-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:52 AM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Im hoping and praying for you. I also went through this and it is terrifying; but my breast surgeon who did my biopsy assured me that breast cancer doesnt hurt unless it is very invasive. The fact that 2 months ago you had a clean 3D- its not "very" invasive! More than likely it is a cyst. They do hurt. Especially when you push on them.

Mine was drained and turned out to be a cyst- when they sent me back into the mamo, it was GONE! Hoping for the same outcome for you!

Please let us know how you are.
Hugs!

Old 11-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #5
kec1944
(female)

kec1944 HB User

Thank you for your kind words. They are much appreciated. I am currently waiting for the breast clinic to get back to me regarding a biopsy appointment. I will keep you posted.

Reply Reply