It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

• Another mammogram?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-02-2020, 08:15 AM   #1
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User
    Another mammogram?

I just had an appointment with my doctor. He said he wants me to get a mammogram. I already had one done in 2018. It wasn't painful, but very uncomfortable for me to have a mammogram. I was told a woman can go a few years at least before having another mammogram. I got scheduled for one in a month. Is every two years recommended to get a mammogram? Thanks for reading this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2020, 11:12 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Another mammogram?

I'm on every two years since age 50...I automatically get the notice to make an appointment. Worth the test since it's the only visual.
    As well, if you have any reproductive issues, breast issues that are hormone driven might have a connection.
    q

Old 02-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If the HD mammo is available in your area, have that one. It's not as annoying and you don't have to hold your breath. And it's a better picture. I'm 74 and get a mammo every year. I was on birth control for decades and am now on HRT. Since insurance will pay for it, I feel better getting one every year.

Old 02-02-2020, 12:20 PM   #4
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    I'm on every two years since age 50...I automatically get the notice to make an appointment. Worth the test since it's the only visual.
    As well, if you have any reproductive issues, breast issues that are hormone driven might have a connection.
    q

Thank you for the reply. I am nearing that age where I would have to get a mammogram every two years. I don't have any reproductive issues as I know of.
    I guess I will get a mammogram to be on the safe side

Old 02-02-2020, 12:25 PM   #5
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    If the HD mammo is available in your area, have that one. It's not as annoying and you don't have to hold your breath. And it's a better picture. I'm 74 and get a mammo every year. I was on birth control for decades and am now on HRT. Since insurance will pay for it, I feel better getting one every year.
    Hi Titchou,

I don't know if there is an HD available in my area. The last one I got wasn't an HD mammo, because I had to hold my breath with every click of the machine. I hope birth control doesn't do any harm to my breasts. But, I think I should get on birth control for many reasons. Thank you for your reply .

Reply Reply

« Waiting | - »