It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

• Question about breast lump! PLEASE look!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-07-2004, 05:24 PM   #1
    Yuna

Yuna HB User
    Question about breast lump! PLEASE look!!

Im kinda scared right now. I was taking a shower and noticed something hard on my breast. I have no idea if its a lump or if its my bone or something.

Then I thought yo myself and realized that I dont even know how a lump is because I never paid attention to breast cancer til now.

Can someone tell me about the lump? How does it feel like when you touch it and is it noticable? Oh god...I dont wanna go to the doctor to find out its my bone or something.

Im 15 by the way...

thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2004, 07:48 PM   #2
    Marimac
    Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
    Re: Question about breast lump! PLEASE look!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yuna
    Im kinda scared right now. I was taking a shower and noticed something hard on my breast. I have no idea if its a lump or if its my bone or something.

Then I thought yo myself and realized that I dont even know how a lump is because I never paid attention to breast cancer til now.

Can someone tell me about the lump? How does it feel like when you touch it and is it noticable? Oh god...I dont wanna go to the doctor to find out its my bone or something.

Im 15 by the way...

thanks!
    Some questions to ask yourself before you panic:
    Do you drink a lot of caffienated beverages? Cokes, coffee, tea, chocolate? If you do, then it could be a reaction to that and you would merely have to cut back and the lumps would disappear. If you have a first degree relative in your family such as mother, sister who has had breast cancer, then I would go have it checked out. There is no bone in the breast tissues. There is only fatty tissues, lymph and blood veins. These things are supposed to be there. If you are finding a lump that is hard enough to believe it is bone, you need to have an adult female, mom or sister to check it out first and then get them to help you to decide what to do next.

Old 02-07-2004, 11:10 PM   #3
    pooh5474

pooh5474 HB User
    Cool Re: Question about breast lump! PLEASE look!!

Quote:

Im 15 by the way...

thanks!
    OK, my mom and aunt both had breast cancer. Before you panic you definitely have to consider alot of things, it could be calcium deposits, which are normal with age, it could be a cyst. You need to definitely have it checked out.....both my mom and aunt had lumpectomy's where they remove the lump and clean all the tissue around it. They are both doing wonderful. The longer you let something like that go, it could end up spilling over into the lymphnodes and then it becomes more serious. If it is hard, there is a good chance it could be a fatty deposit or calcium deposit, BUT please, don't let fear stop you from having it checked. The BEST and FIRST defense against breast cancer is EARLY detection. GOOD LUCK.

Old 02-08-2004, 04:59 AM   #4
    Yuna

Yuna HB User

Thanks guys

Also, under my armpits, I spotted two very small, almost like a pimple-ish white head. They are TINY. Is this something to be concered about too or is this just a pimple.

No, no one in my family has a history of breast cancer and yes, I have been having alot of caffine lately.

I think I should check it out...

Old 02-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #5
    pooh5474

pooh5474 HB User
    Cool Re: Question about breast lump! PLEASE look!!

Quote:
    Thanks guys

Also, under my armpits, I spotted two very small, almost like a pimple-ish white head. They are TINY. Is this something to be concered about too or is this just a pimple.

No, no one in my family has a history of breast cancer and yes, I have been having alot of caffine lately.

I think I should check it out...

The pimple under the armpit thing....I had one that I had to have removed, it's commonly an infected ingrown hair and the one I had grew and became painful. The surgen that did it said it's very common in women because we shave under our arms and alot of times we apply deodorant right after. As far as breast cancer history goes....nobody in my family had a history of it either then last year my mom and aunt both found lumps and both were cancerous. So, please don't not have it checked out just because there's no prior history.

Old 02-08-2004, 12:58 PM   #6
    Yuna

Yuna HB User

Thanks again but I think the lump is due to my mestraul cycle. If its still there after my period, I will get it check out. Thank you!

Closed Thread