It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

• male breast cancer help me please?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-29-2004, 09:56 PM   #1
    ABC~Mom
    Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User
    Exclamation male breast cancer help me please?

my fiance recently noticed a tiny, tiny knot (like smaller than the size of a BB) under his left nipple that is extremly painful when he touches it, i did all the research about male breast cancer and (so far) he has no other symptoms and he just woke up this morning and his nipple was sore.
    he is 19 a non smoker (although he does rub snuff on occasion) he weighs 160 and is in very good health, not even a cold in the last year, and (that i can think of) none of his family members have or had cancer (but i will ask to make sure) i realize that the odds of this are pretty small but i am just so worried, his health insurance isnt effective yet and it may be a month or so till it is, so getting it looked at right now isnt an option...
    i just need honest advice, i am scared to death. if it isnt cancer then what else could it be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2004, 10:11 PM   #2
    JenBrooke123

JenBrooke123 HB User
    Re: male breast cancer help me please?

Although there is such a thing as male breast cancer. I would doubt that he has that,however I would get it checked as soon as possible by a doctor. What is sounds like is a cyst of some sorts. Keep watching it to is if it gets bigger.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Winnie~
    my fiance recently noticed a tiny, tiny knot (like smaller than the size of a BB) under his left nipple that is extremly painful when he touches it, i did all the research about male breast cancer and (so far) he has no other symptoms and he just woke up this morning and his nipple was sore.
    he is 19 a non smoker (although he does rub snuff on occasion) he weighs 160 and is in very good health, not even a cold in the last year, and (that i can think of) none of his family members have or had cancer (but i will ask to make sure) i realize that the odds of this are pretty small but i am just so worried, his health insurance isnt effective yet and it may be a month or so till it is, so getting it looked at right now isnt an option...
    i just need honest advice, i am scared to death. if it isnt cancer then what else could it be?

Old 03-01-2004, 04:55 PM   #3
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

Sounds like it's a cyst of some kind. Breast cancer does not make the area tender. It also would not just show up one morning all sore. That is why sometimes it gets missed because there is no tenderness with it. I am not a doctor though so don't rely on the opinions of us here. Get it checked out anyways.

Old 03-04-2004, 12:00 AM   #4
    ABC~Mom
    Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

thanks everyone, and the soreness has gone he says but the little bb size knot is still there, and when he sqeezes his nipple he has a bit of white discharge, but he says he thinks he has had discharge all along and it is in both nipples not just the one....what do you guys think?

Closed Thread