It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

• Nervous about results from breast ultrasound today....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-07-2004, 08:38 PM   #1
    Gemini

Gemini HB User
    Nervous about results from breast ultrasound today....

Hi, I had my 2nd ultrasound today of my right breast in followup for persistent pain I've had for about 10+ months. I saw my GYN last week who did find a palpable lesion laterally where most of my pain is centered. I did have the first Ultrasound & Mammogram done 8 months ago in which the Ultrasound did show ductal dilitation and duct ectasia and the mammogram showed asymmetry in my right breast. Of course, density was found being I am younger....33 I did see a General Surgeon back in Aug. and again this past Feb. to recheck everything. I was also advised to have a repeat Mammagram done 6 months after the first but another Ultrasound was not recommended and I still wonder why. The most recent Mammogram results showed no change from the study of Aug. 03' The Surgeon told me that my pain was nothing to be concerned with and that it was because of my "density". I questioned this when I saw my GYN last week and I had asked why a followup Ultrasound was not done and that is when she sent me for the Ultrasound.

Well to say the least I REALLY am freaked out right about now because of what the Radiologist told me when he came in to do my Ultrasound again after the technologist did the scan first. He told me I definitely need to have a biopsy and talked about an Ultrasound guided core needle biopsy and one where there are clips in place. He wanted color to enhance the image on the screen and I heard the ultrasonographer say "do you want to measure it?" I believe the area in suspicion is at 9 o'clock and he asked if I had pain and YES did I ever while the scan was being done. But really the pain is no different than what I've been experiencing all along. As I write this I also have pain by my lymph nodes under my arm which I never noticed before. All I have to say is that I am SO glad I had asked to have this Ultrasound done and actually I did have an appointment set up anyways for a second opinion from a notable breast surgeon. But needless to say, I am extremely nervous. I wonder if the biopsy the Radiologist was talking about is the Mammotone? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread