It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

• Trying to decide on Radiation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
    malady
    (female)

malady HB User
    Trying to decide on Radiation

I have just been diagnosed with breast cancer 1.2 cm Stage 1. I am having a lumpectomy and following this I have the choice of radiation. 30% change of it coming back without radiation or 3% chance with radiation. Has anyone decided to not have the radiation and if so, how did you make out?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
    cjammom
    Inactive
    (female)

cjammom HB User
    Re: Trying to decide on Radiation

Dear Lady..so sorry to hear of your diagnosis of breast cancer. I am a 4yr survivor..I had a mastectomy and 8rounds of chemotherapy..no radiation for me..I was stage IIb grade 3, Invasive ductual cancer with one positive lymph node..I have not had any evidence of disease since the original diagnosis..I have taken hormonal therapy and will continue that until I have a total of 5yrs on those.
    You have a very tough decision to make...have you gotten all of the information from your doctor as far as length of time..recovery..and side effects..How long do you have to make this decision?
    I wish you well on your upcoming surgery..when is that?
    Please come back and post Lady, let us know how you are doing, Okay?
    Bless you,
    hugs,
    cj.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
    malady
    (female)

malady HB User
    Re: Trying to decide on Radiation

I am having surgery on October 15th. I will try to make my mind up soon. A lot to think about. My feelings at the moment is should the Surgeon report that she feels they have got all the cancer and if she doesn't consider me to be at a high risk, then I may not have radiation now but if it should come back later then I would probably go for the radiation
    the second time. Hard decision to make.

Closed Thread