It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

• Rusty Brown Aspirated Cyst

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
    cjpugluver
    (female)

cjpugluver HB User
    Rusty Brown Aspirated Cyst

I had a benign tumor removed from my breast last week. This week, I had a cyst aspirated in the same breast at the general surgeon's office. The color was a rusty brown. He said he didn't see any blood in it and just threw it out. I'm very concerned because he didn't send it to the lab. Hmm, maybe it's nothing to worry about. I know if the color is clear, yellow, or greenish there's no sign of cancer. I know if it's bloody then there's something to be concerned about. But, what about the color of rusty brown? Does anybody know? Oh, one more thing. My mammo showed six clustered white salt spects in same breast. That's the tumor he removed. When I asked him about it, he said they were scattered. I told him my mammo and US showed clustered. And he was saying scattered. I asked him the difference. His reply, "Oh, don't worry about that. It's the same thing." Hmm, well, um, maybe I'm just overly worried. Please, if you know anything about the rusty brown color, I'd love to know. Thank you in advance for any reply on this. HUGS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
    Worrybucket
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
    Re: Rusty Brown Aspirated Cyst

My mother had a cyst aspirated yrs ago and it was rusty brown colour. The Doctors amazed her by saying it was old milk from abt 20 years previous when she was breast feeding my brother. She hasnt had any probs since, but you should further check it out, i think ALL fluid should be sent to the lab, whatever colour it is.

Last edited by Worrybucket; 10-12-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
    1963IMB
    (female)

1963IMB HB User
    Re: Rusty Brown Aspirated Cyst

I had a core needle biopsy almost two weeks ago. Since then I have had a rusty brown fluid that I can aspirate - I didn't have that before. I was told not to worry about this unless it didn't go away after a while. It's possible that the fluid color may simply be a result of having the previous tumor removed. You should check this possibility with your doctor.

Closed Thread