It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

• Doing breast exam today and found a small lump!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
    skych
    Inactive
    (female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
    Doing breast exam today and found a small lump!!

Hi there!!

I am new to this forum but not to this board. I post in other areas.

This morning while doing a breast exam I noticed a small lump that was not present the last time I did an exam a few weeks ago.

I am almost 38 years old and had a hysterectomy 3 years ago in december.

I was left with one working ovary, but I do take a very low dose of Premarin because about a year or so after the hysterectomy I started to have severe breast tenderness and since taking the hormones it is much better.

The lump is small and does not feel like the rest of the breast tissue. It also feels like it is a funky shape and it is somewhat firm.

I am a bit scared but not freaked out or anything. I know that it could be a few other things than cancer. Over the last few weeks I have noticed that both of my arm pits have been sore. I don't really know if this means anything or not.

At this time I am not that active because I was in a car accident in July of this year and I have an ongoing problem with my neck that is still persisting even after some treatments. So I can not think of any reason for the underarms to be so sore. Can the lump and armpit sorness be realted???? I was wondering what others felt when they first felt a lump and what they did about it???
    I would think the best thing to do would be to call my Gyno and make an appointment ASAP.
    Please any info or advice would be great.

Thanks Chrissy

Last edited by skych; 11-17-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
    bharkins
    Veteran
    (female)

bharkins HB User
    Re: Doing breast exam today and found a small lump!!

Hi Chrissy,

You have already answered your own question. See your gyno asap to determine what the lump is. Not all lumps are cancerous, but it should be investigated. Good luck.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:12 AM   #3
    skych
    Inactive
    (female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Thnaks B,

I will be having a Mammo tomorrow with a possible ultrasound! I have not been stressing over it because there are so many things it could be.

I think my doc said that the radiologist should go over the test info with me while I am there. That would be nice!

I will let you all know when I know!!!
    Thanks,
    Chrissy

Old 11-30-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
    nicholejasch
    (female)

nicholejasch HB User

Take my advice when I say the ultra sounds, mamograms, MRI's sometimes do not detect breast cancer. I am 25 years old and found a small lump as well back in feb. they did all those tests and still couldnt find anything. Finally this Oct they decided to biopsy it was come to find out it was breast cancer. Please just have them do a biopsy its the safest way to detect it. I was amazed that nothing else detected this. Hopefully its nothing, but always be 100% sure. Good luck to you!

Old 12-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Chrissy!

It is reach.. from another board? I post here once in a blue moon and just hapened to catch your name. Just want you to know I am with you in spirit and prayer. I am waiting along with your other friends here to read your results.

Thinking of you (never forgot you, smiles).
    Big Hugs
    reach

Closed Thread