It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

• no solid or cystic mass in region

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
    Leeby
    (female)

Leeby HB User
    no solid or cystic mass in region

Just picked up my reports. The ones where what the radiologist tells me and then tells my OB conflict. Anyway it states: no solid or cystic mass in the region. Is that a good thing? Isn't cancer a solid? Also says: scattered fribroglandular densitites noted. No change in asymmetric density or subcentimenter nodule at the spot since 2005. There is a focal asymmetric density in the upper right.
    I have been a mess since all of this occured so any good news to me is huge. What do you think? I meet with the surgeon this week and want to ask all the right questions.
    Thanks so much!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
    leea1206
    Veteran
    (female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User
    Re: no solid or cystic mass in region

Leeby,

In my opinion, the report is positive:
    -They found no masses, solid or cystic. Yes, I believe a solid mass might suggest cancer.
    -Fibroglandular densities suggests fibrous tissue NOT cancer. And the findings show no change since 2005.
    -Focal asymetric density. - I would want to know if this requires further testing. I would ask, is this new and what could it mean? Most likely benign?

Best of luck.
    I was dxed with breast ca. in 06 and doing well.
    Leea

Old 01-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
    Leeby
    (female)

Leeby HB User

Thank you, Leea. You're right. I just got home from my surgeon appt. I switched networks and am now being seen by a breast health center rather than getting my stuff done at the local hospital. Surgeon believes it is just breast tissue!! He is sending me for an MRI though because of the whole mess with my tests and that radiologist. He wants his own stuff done right. Plus with my family history he'll feel better about comparison pics down the road. I'm so glad you are doing well and that you are here to help others. We appreciate it so much!

Old 01-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
    jacal5
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jacal5 HB Userjacal5 HB User

That's great news! I learned a lot from your story, so if I am ever sent to a breast surgeon I won't automatically think the worst, and from here on you can research info on how to keep your risk down, I tried to give you a few tips from what I've read to get you started.

A few more: don't eat grapefruit (some studies suggest it can cause breast cancer, I even threw out my skin cream containing grapefruit oil), drink pure grape juice (it can cut your risk 65%)!

God Bless You and Your Family!

Closed Thread