It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

• found a lump in my breast, very worried

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
    lilruthie44
    (female)

lilruthie44 HB User
    Unhappy found a lump in my breast, very worried

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 suffering severe depression, my partner found my lump just above my nipple in my left breast on tuesday, went to see doctor on the wednesday and now am waiting for an appointment to have a mammogram and other tests, really worried as my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer back in 2004 unfortunately she had to have a masectomy but is doing very well now...

Hugs Ruthie xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
    LindaFarren
    (female)

LindaFarren HB User
    Re: found a lump in my breast, very worried

Hi Ruthie,

Hope you feeling okay today. I sympathise with you, worrying like this will not help your depression. I suffered with PND after my first baby and I know the world can feel like a sad lonely place, no matter how many friends you have around. Try and keep positive....

I am 41 and just today doctor found a lump (or fullness as she also called it) on my left breast. I have been experiencing pain off and on for about 5 weeks on the left hand side of my boob and in my armpit and also an itchy burning sensation in my nipple (off and on) for about 2 weeks. Last night the pain was very uncomfortable and has travelled to the top of my arm and neck.
    To be honest, I still cant feel this lump but she said it was small and feels it is a cyst, and the fact it is painful is a good sign.
    I on the other hand, as I am sure you can understand am really worried. I have an 8yr old son and an 11mth son and I am already thinking the worst.

Im sorry I dont have any answers to your question but thought it would be nice to talk to someone who is feeling the same way....

My doc sent off request for examination to a Breast Clinic but it will be 2 - 3 weeks before I hear back from them...

I wish you all the best and will say a wee prayer for you.

Take care
    Linda

QUOTE=lilruthie44;4709278]Hi Everyone,

I am 44 suffering severe depression, my partner found my lump just above my nipple in my left breast on tuesday, went to see doctor on the wednesday and now am waiting for an appointment to have a mammogram and other tests, really worried as my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer back in 2004 unfortunately she had to have a masectomy but is doing very well now...

Hugs Ruthie xxx[/QUOTE]

The following user gives a hug of support to LindaFarren:
    lilruthie44 (03-23-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to LindaFarren For This Useful Post:
    lilruthie44 (03-23-2011)
    Old 03-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
    cazajacks
    Veteran
    (female)

cazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB User

Hi Ruthie, i am a couple of steps ahead of you, i didn't find a lump but a mamogram did, i was called back last week to have another mamogram and an ultrasound and whilst having the ultrasound they suddenly sprang it on me they were going to do 3 'core biopsy's', i almost fainted with the fear, the thought of needles in my boob terrified me. They numbed my boob, about four quick stings and then nothing, even when i heard the noise of the biopsy being taken, (similar to a staple gun) i still didnt feel a thing. They've confirmed it's not a cyst, so now i have to go this coming wednesday to find out if i have breast cancer or if its a fibrous lump. I'm getting more scared as the day gets nearer, my hubby is coming with me for the results, just in case. I never knew i had a lump, but i was there because my other boob felt a bit sore, it is just a lucky coincidence they found the lump in my other breast, or it could have been there for a long long time.
    So i will sit and panic until next wednesday. Please be reassured that none of my core biopsy hurt, and i am a baby, i cry if i have to have anything medical done, even though i am 46 i am always anxious and hate having anything done to me. So for me to say it didn't hurt is shocking lol.
    Good luck, let me know how you get on.

The following user gives a hug of support to cazajacks:
    lilruthie44 (03-23-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to cazajacks For This Useful Post:
    lilruthie44 (03-23-2011)
    Old 03-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
    Jenmarie22
    (female)

Jenmarie22 HB User

Hi,

My mom had cancer as well. I found a small lump about 7 years ago, never had it check until 2yrs ago. Luckly doctors said it was benign. I pray it is the same for you. Keep your head up!

Last edited by Jenmarie22; 03-22-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Wanted to add a hug.

The following user gives a hug of support to Jenmarie22:
    Georgy Nnamani (03-24-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to Jenmarie22 For This Useful Post:
    lilruthie44 (03-23-2011)
    Old 03-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
    lilruthie44
    (female)

lilruthie44 HB User

Hi to everyone just want to update you about my lump, i have received an appointment for next tuesday 29th at the breast clinic in Bath, not looking forward to it and still very worried even though i try not to think about it.
    Also would like to thank everyone for there nice comments....

Hugs Ruthie xxx

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: lilruthie44
    Georgy Nnamani (03-24-2011),Jenmarie22 (03-28-2011)
    Old 03-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
    cazajacks
    Veteran
    (female)

Hi Ruthie, well i went to my appointment today and turns out i do have breast cancer. I'm totally shocked and devastated. I don't really know what else to say at the moment as im in so much shock, and this bloody chest infection has wiped me right out. I am going to see my gp in the morning as i need to be fit to go in for an op now, so need anti biotics.

I really wish you good luck for next week, i will update more on what happened shortly.

The following user gives a hug of support to cazajacks:
    lilruthie44 (04-02-2011)
    Old 03-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #7
    lilruthie44
    (female)

lilruthie44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazajacks View Post
    Hi Ruthie, well i went to my appointment today and turns out i do have breast cancer. I'm totally shocked and devastated. I don't really know what else to say at the moment as im in so much shock, and this bloody chest infection has wiped me right out. I am going to see my gp in the morning as i need to be fit to go in for an op now, so need anti biotics.

I really wish you good luck for next week, i will update more on what happened shortly.
    hi there cazajacks appointment didnt go well the lump isn't a cyst as i was hoping, they done 6 core biopsies 3 from my lymp nodes and 3 from the lump in my breast, have to go back to see surgeon on the 5th april to find out results but they are saying its a higher chance of being breast cancer than a begnin tumour, i am expecting the worse as right from the start my gut instinct has been its cancer. Sorry to hear yours is breast cancer, are you having a lumpectomy or a masectomy??? sorry for the spellin lol, i know i have made up my mind and have spoke to the surgeon and am having a full masectomy to prevent the cancer coming back in my breast, i have heard so much that after just removing the tumour alot of women normally go back as the cancer returns and they still have to have a masectomy, really hope you get over the shock and fell alot better soon with your chest infection...

Hugs Ruthie xxx

Old 03-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
    lilruthie44
    (female)

lilruthie44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazajacks View Post
    Hi Ruthie, i am a couple of steps ahead of you, i didn't find a lump but a mamogram did, i was called back last week to have another mamogram and an ultrasound and whilst having the ultrasound they suddenly sprang it on me they were going to do 3 'core biopsy's', i almost fainted with the fear, the thought of needles in my boob terrified me. They numbed my boob, about four quick stings and then nothing, even when i heard the noise of the biopsy being taken, (similar to a staple gun) i still didnt feel a thing. They've confirmed it's not a cyst, so now i have to go this coming wednesday to find out if i have breast cancer or if its a fibrous lump. I'm getting more scared as the day gets nearer, my hubby is coming with me for the results, just in case. I never knew i had a lump, but i was there because my other boob felt a bit sore, it is just a lucky coincidence they found the lump in my other breast, or it could have been there for a long long time.
    So i will sit and panic until next wednesday. Please be reassured that none of my core biopsy hurt, and i am a baby, i cry if i have to have anything medical done, even though i am 46 i am always anxious and hate having anything done to me. So for me to say it didn't hurt is shocking lol.
    Good luck, let me know how you get on.
    Hi there well my lump is definately not a cyst had to have 6 core biopsys very uncomfortable but not painfull to have done, they took 3 from my lymph nodes and 3 from my lump and i know what your saying the noise made me jump and more frightened than the pain cos after the injections went in with anesthetic i didnt feel a thing just the noise of the biopsy was a little sore the next day more sorer under my arm where they took them from my lymph nodes than my boob, have to go back on the 5th april to see the surgeon again for the results but have to say not hopefull its a begnin tumour, they are saying its a higher chance of being breast cancer, to be honest my gut instinct from when i felt the lump has been it's breast cancer just know it wasn't a cyst, i guess we know are own bodies, i am feeling the same as you very anxious and very worried as tuesday gets closer, my partner came with me to the last appointment and is coming with me next tuesday, my 18yr old son is devestated as he has seen his nan (my mum) go through breast cancer and is coming with me and my partner to see the surgeon for the results....hope you have good news with your results take care hun and try not to worry says me who is shitting herself lol xxx

Hugs Ruthie xxx

Old 04-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #9
    lilruthie44
    (female)

lilruthie44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilruthie44 View Post
    Hi there well my lump is definately not a cyst had to have 6 core biopsys very uncomfortable but not painfull to have done, they took 3 from my lymph nodes and 3 from my lump and i know what your saying the noise made me jump and more frightened than the pain cos after the injections went in with anesthetic i didnt feel a thing just the noise of the biopsy was a little sore the next day more sorer under my arm where they took them from my lymph nodes than my boob, have to go back on the 5th april to see the surgeon again for the results but have to say not hopefull its a begnin tumour, they are saying its a higher chance of being breast cancer, to be honest my gut instinct from when i felt the lump has been it's breast cancer just know it wasn't a cyst, i guess we know are own bodies, i am feeling the same as you very anxious and very worried as tuesday gets closer, my partner came with me to the last appointment and is coming with me next tuesday, my 18yr old son is devestated as he has seen his nan (my mum) go through breast cancer and is coming with me and my partner to see the surgeon for the results....hope you have good news with your results take care hun and try not to worry says me who is shitting herself lol xxx

Hugs Ruthie xxx
    Hi there well found out tuesday i have breast cancer still in shock and all i want to do is cry, but having so many angry outbursts just dont know how to control all these feelings and emotions that are going on in my head, i have been booked in for a mastectomy on the 15th april just dont know how im goin to cope and feel about my body afterwards, they still arent sure if i have cancer in my lymph nodes so before i go down for surgery i have to have radiation injected into my lymph nodes then when i am asleep they will inject a blue dye in to look for hot spos in my lymph nodes, will not know if i have cancer in the lymph nodes til 2 weeks after my mastectomy, if there is cancer in them then i have to go back in for another operation to remove my lymph nodes then have to have chemo and radiotherepy, just really feelin awfull at the moment, anyway thought i would let you know , hope all is goin well for you....

Hugs Ruthie xxxx

Old 04-07-2011, 07:26 AM   #10
    lilruthie44
    (female)

lilruthie44 HB User

Hi there Cazajacks i am so sorry for your news and i know how your feeling cos they told me tuesday i have breast cancer but not sure if its in my lymph nodes yet, i go in for my mastectomy on the 15th april, really not lookin forward to it just feel so useless with myself at the moment, feel very tearfull and am havin very angry outbursts, hope all goes well for your treatment and take very good care of yourself xxx

Hugs Ruthie xxx

Last edited by lilruthie44; 04-07-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
    cazajacks
    Veteran
    (female)

Hi there, so sorry ive not posted for such a long time, how are you doing, please update me.
    I had my op on 12th April taken away my tumour and 4 lymph nodes, lymph nodes were clear and so was the outer area around the tumour so i was very please with all that and celebrated being cancer free. Then at my next appointment they told me i had the most aggressive type of cancer and it could have gone somewhere else in my body, only the small cells but this means i had to go on to have chemotherapy. I have just had my 3rd round of chemo today and its been a horrible experience for me. I have had every single side effect going, spent a lot of time in hospital, gone bald within 2 and a halft weeks, have a very sore itchy rash over back/neck/chest/head and privates and they said this is a hair folicle infection, severe thrush both mouth and below, constipation very bad, then caught a diahorrea virus so was really ill with that. when i have chemo i have to have steriods, (everyone does) but boy the side effect of coming off of them were awful, i had awful nightmares, but when i woke up i was halicinating and the nightmares were still there in my bedroom with me, it was terrifying. I eyesight went so blurred i could not see, and my hearing went very quiet. But this was the steriods not the chemo, so now even thought the dr said not to i reduce them more slowly than they tell me to and its not so bad.
    I spend a week in hospital after every chemo as i get Neutrapenic Sepsis which is a very serious thing to caught, caused by too much chemo. My feet go numb, and i my bowel stops working, i have never felt so unwell and no one warned me about all this. I really don't want to frighten you but you've probably had your chemo by now, and only about 20% of people having chemo get it this bad, im just one of the unlucky ones im afraid.

Its made me feel very low, i can't get out of bed hardly i can't wash nor dress myself, life is lousy feeling like this, but i only have one more session to go thank God. Please do not let you or anyone reading this put you off chemo as i have just been very unlucky, most of the people at the hospital were doing great, still working and doing everyday things, as i said its just me thats had it this bad.
    Now they are talking to me about have 3 weeks of intensive radio therapy once my chemo ends, i wish they had told me this before as they did actually tell me i did not need radiotherapy??

can't wait for it all to finish, but what worries me as i have got grade 3 cancer the aggressive one, they have told me its more than likely to come back, so that really frightens me. I asked them how would i know, but they said until i get symptoms i wont' know. I didnt have any symptoms with my breast cancer, no lump nothing so i worry that by the time i get any symptoms it could be untreatable.

I hope you are doing better than me, do let me know how things have progressed. I wish you loads of luck and send lots of hugs,

Cazajacks.

Last edited by mod85; 11-21-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #12
    shelleydf73
    (female)

shelleydf73 HB User

I wanted to say how sorry I am to hear your story! I myself found a bb size knot right near the left nipple and our doctors are not available on weekends for things like this. I will call and go tomorrow (Monday). If I can ask, how big was the lump you inititally felt?

Old 11-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
    cazajacks
    Veteran
    (female)

Hi Shelley, first of all, try not to panic, so much easier than said i know but there were hundreds of woman at the hospital with lumps in their breasts and well over 90% were harmless lumps, honestly.
    I did not feel a lump at all, mine was hidden right at the back of my chest, almost against my ribs. I was very lucky it was picked up on a mamogram. You will need to have a mamogram done, and hopefully they will be able to tell you what the lump is, they are so used to what each lump looks like.. i.e. cysts, cancer etc etc so they often know once they see your mamogram, but they may call you back to do another one and to do some biopsies. My close friend is just going through this right now. She has had about 5 lumps on seperate occasions and has been called back to have them drained/biopsied and all 5 were fine and harmless, but now she has been called back to a bigger hospital after having a mamogram, so she is terrified.

they will be able to tell from 2nd mamgram and biospy what the lump is. I hope yours is harmless, but please let me know. Ive just finished all my treatment, had to have 20 sessions of radiotherapy in the end, and now i have heart trouble caused by the chemo, but im still here and im grateful for that. Im still keeping strong , well as best i can, and im still smiling, but i do cry, im not that strong, as cancer is so very scary, it terrifies me. Keep in touch and ask absolutely anything you want to honey. Good Luck, Carolyn.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #14
    shelleydf73
    (female)

shelleydf73 HB User

Thank you for writing! I don't want to worry my family so we are all quiet about it until we see what it is but inside I am bursting with anxiety. As I was changing shirts this morning I noticed that the armpit is swollen and tender over the lumpy areas / lymph nodes. Also I see some superficial blood vessels where the tiny breast lump is. Did you have these? I'm sorry to hear that the chemo caused heart trouble for you! Is it something that you can manage with medications?

Old 12-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #15
    cazajacks
    Veteran
    (female)

Hi, please let me know how you all got on, i would love to hear from you. I have now finished all my chemo, and had 20 sessions of intense radiotherapy. I have slight damage to my heart (pericarditis) which they think has been caused by the chemo. Finished all my treatment last mid November. I am expected to go back to work next month, but dont feel well enough, but i have no choice, or i will lose my home as my pay has been completely stopped. I feel so exhausted all the time, no energy what so ever. But i do feel good otherwise, people would never know what ive been through if it wasnt for my short hair, yes i am no longer bald lo.. I would love to hear how your all doing xx

Closed Thread