It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

Areola Discharge

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rockland, New York, USA
Posts: 1
Jaccisdaughter HB User
Unhappy Areola Discharge

My 14 year old daughter is experiencing a clear, sometimes yellowish discharge coming from her right breast areola. She does not have any pain and the discharge only appears when she puts pressure on it or squeeze the breast. I took her to our primary care physician and they are recommending that she see a breast specialist. However, the appointment is a week away, and I want to go there somewhat informed. I am, of course, very concerned. I have had 2 biopsys myself and I do not want her to go through that at such a young age. There is no history of breast cancer in my family. Does anyone know what this can be? I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 03-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
slenderella's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,000
slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Areola Discharge

Wow, I'm sorry you got no replies. What did the doctor say?
My guess is that it may be a (benign) papilloma.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1
gissel1 HB User
Re: Areola Discharge

It is no doubt way after your doctor appt but I need to offer a reply. I experienced a discharge not long after having a breast augmentation. I went to the surgeon who did the augmentation as well as my primary doctor. Neither one had any idea. About three years later I was diagnosed with DCIS stage 0 breast cancer. Thru my cancer research, I read that a discharge from the nipple area CAN be a sign of breast cancer. Please note I said CAN. Go to a specialist.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:55 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!