It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board

• Results of spot compression... Should I wait 6 months or go back sooner?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
    mtm1215
    (female)

mtm1215 HB User
    Results of spot compression... Should I wait 6 months or go back sooner?

I want for a Mammo on 4/9/12 and was told to come in for spot compression and ultrasound on 4/19/12.

Below are the results and I also included Mammogram from 8/2010. Im just wondering if I should go back before 6 months.

Thank you in advance Maureen

Spot compression and U/S done on 4/19/12

Impression :The study was performed for 2 small 3mm nodular areas noted in the superior aspect of the right breast on the MLO view from the study on 4/9/12.

The two small areas are noted on spot compression MLO views.

Ultrasound was performed with attention to the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions. Nothing was seen on U/S.

Follow up in 6 months

BIRADS category 3- probably Benign

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mammogram dated 8/25/2010

Impression : Bilateral axillary nodular densities are seen with very lucent centers consistent with Lymph nodes. Benign perenchymal calcification are seen.

BIRADS category 2 benign study

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mammogram dated 8/19/2009

Everything was fine.....told to come back in a year.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
    Angelalovew
    (female)

Angelalovew HB User
    Re: Results of spot compression... Should I wait 6 months or go back sooner?

You and I are going thru the same mental torture

I had the spot compression and ultrasound AFTER my mammogram. I was told to come back for a core needle biopsy.... "or" wait 6 months? Well, I went to the surgeon for a 2nd opinion... he said for me to have the core needle biopsy done... I had this done on Friday... but I get in there, undressed, and the radiology doctor is doing an ultrasound... he said "we can wait 6 months, if you like... he felt it wasn't cancer. He thought it was a lymph gland filled with blood?? I was just about ready to GO... my mama had brought me... I wanted to ask her opinion... she asked me to please have it done... that I was THERE, and that way I'd know for sure. So I did it... I go back on May 3rd for the results.
    What will you do??? I had that needle core biopsy, and here it is almost a week later and I'm still sore... and real swollen... my mind is going haywire; I hate how my mind thinks... I'm horrified it could be cancer and that needle biopsy spread it.... is that possible??
    This waiting is driving me crazy.... its like it consumes me.
    Please let me know how you are doing and what your decision is.

Closed Thread