It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

Atypical Glandular Cells

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #1
fviehman
(female)

fviehman HB User
Unhappy Atypical Glandular Cells

I am a 27 year old with no kids, but would like to have 1 or 2, who just got abnormal pap results with atypical glandular cells some that could be advanced.. I am scheduled for a Colopsopy next Tuesday.. the clinic did not seem concered & wanted me to wait 3 weeks.. no way.. I have been researching and researching about these type of cells.. & there really doesnt sound like there is a good outcome anywhere with these types.. I have anxiety through the roof... I just have this gut feeling that it could be something bad.. but am also trying to hope for the best. My doctors have also not made me feel any better about it..I just feel nauseous. I just need some answers. I went for lab testing yesterday & the results came back as my thyroid levels are messed up. ughh someone please help me through this.. good or bad I just need to have a peace of mind so I can sleep at night..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
CosMicCat
(female)

CosMicCat HB UserCosMicCat HB User
Re: Atypical Glandular Cells

Hi there,
I am sorry I did not see your post earlier. Looks like you posted on the 10th and no one responded to you.

I had Atypical Glandular Cells, as well as Squamous cells. You are right that the glandular cells are scarier because they cannot be staged as the squamous cells can (CIN 1, 2 and 3). 40% of the time, glandular abnormalities are covering up a malignancy, but 60% of the time, it is just precancerous cells.
Glandular cells are cells found higher up the endocervical canal.

When I had my conization, there was no malignancy found. That was back in 2011. My margins were clear and things have been normal since then.

There is more of a chance that you are fine, although I certainly understand how scary it is.

Sounds like you may already have your answers since you posted on the 10th. I hope all is well with you!

Old 11-17-2015, 06:39 PM   #3
Floridagirl09
(female)

Floridagirl09 HB User
Re: Atypical Glandular Cells

Girl! I am in the same boat as you. I am 24 with no kids but really want 1 or 2 in the future. I haven't had an abnormal pap but I had a pelvic exam done in the ER (thought it was appendicitis when I went) and the pelvic exam showed my cervix was inflamed and told me I needed to follow up with my gyn. I see this was posted a while ago, so if you see this I would love to hear how you're doing. I had my follow up yesterday and she wanted to do a colposcopy. During the colposcopy she was like "Okay , we're going to need to do a biopsy" in a concerned voice and I'm scared out of my ever loving mind. She said I have atypical granular cells. I should have the results in a week. I've been reading and it's true! It seems like nothing is good when it comes to atypical granular cells. It's scary because I feel like even if everything is okay, I'm still going to worry that something will eventually be wrong since I have AGCs.

Closed Thread