It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

Ovarian cancer or cyst??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2015, 04:01 PM   #1
kris85
(female)

kris85 HB User
Ovarian cancer or cyst??

Hi guys, just after some info/advice, 30 year old mum of 2.. no history of any gynecological problems

Basically I was having some abnormal cramping etc a while back and had a pelvic ultrasound where they found a fluid filled ovarian cyst (was assured was nothing to worry about). From memory I don't believe it was very large. That was 3 months ago and I am due to go back soon to see if its grown/gone etc.

Now for a few months now I have been feeling unusually tired, all day every day, no matter how much sleep I get. Physically I can still carry on as normal for the most part but just feel so tired in my head if that makes sense. Hard to concentrate, always yawning, just feel terrible.

Also for a while now was having on and off nausea. It would come on, last for a few days then go away.. no pattern or nothing I could tell that would bring it on. For the past two weeks I have felt sick from the second I wake up til I go to bed. I still get hungry but then eat and feel heavy and sick.

Lastly have noticed a bit of spotting between periods (I am on birth control pill, have been on for ages so not the cause). Thats a brand new thing and never had it before in my life so I am freaking out about it a bit. Also feel a bit 'heavy' there a lot like the feeling when you are getting your period.

I am so scared of ovarian cancer, I know they said its just a cyst but can they be misdiagnosed? Also would a simple cyst cause all this drama? I feel terrible all the time and so scared now. And yes, have been to the doctor about this and they just keep telling me, oh see how you go.. they also don't seem to think cysts would cause these symptoms.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2015, 08:48 PM   #2
CosMicCat
(female)

CosMicCat HB UserCosMicCat HB User
Re: Ovarian cancer or cyst??

Hello!
I am so sorry you are going through this. First thing I would do is ask for your pathology reports and medical records so that you can find out exactly what kind of cyst was found, because there are many types of ovarian cysts. It doesn't sound like they gave you a lot of information and they are not attending to your symptoms very well!

I have had what I believed were ovarian cysts, and they did cause nausea, pain and a full feeling. They did not cause bleeding. They eventually ruptured. I had severe pain when that happened and my abdomen was filled with fluid. I also got pretty ill from it, but then it resolved. They were not diagnosed via ultrasound.

I have the symptoms you are describing now, especially with the bleeding. It was found that I have uterine polyps and am having surgery Wednesday for them to get removed.

I would ask for a more detailed imaging study, such as a pelvic MRI with contrast to get a better look at that ovary, or a D & C to find the cause of the bleeding. I would insist on more answers. I am sorry you are going through this.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: Ovarian cancer or cyst??

Sorry you are dealing with this. Ovarian cysts can cause the symptoms you are experiencing including spotting from the hormonal changes. Ovarian cysts are very common and rarely are they cancerous if you do not have a family history of ovarian cancer. It sounds like your cyst was fluid filled which is an indication that it is more likely to resolve on its own. If it leaks or ruptures that can worsen symptoms and may cause infection.

I hope you get answers and are soon feeling better!

Closed Thread