It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

Could I have cancer? Going Crazy!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2015, 12:28 PM   #1
Keli927
(female)

Keli927 HB User
Could I have cancer? Going Crazy!

I am a nervous wreck. I am 40 yo and I usually have pretty "normal" periods. Every 30 days - usually last only about 3 days with the 1st day being the only real heavy day with cramps. Lately I have been having more cramps than usual and this past month it was so bad - I could hardly walk. My bleeding was much heavier also. that was 2 weeks ago. then this past Friday night my husband and I had sex and when I went to the bathroom afterwards I was covered in blood. so was he and our sheets. It was very bad. The next day I had horrible cramping all day. Im still a little sore but not as bad. I also have had very bad gas pains. this has been increasing over the past 9 months I guess off and on. Ive had the gas pains this time since the day before the bleeding incident. its also very bad and embarrassing. I have no control over it at all. im also very bloated. anyway I am scared to death that I have some kind of cancer - ovarian, uterine, cervical. I have a drs appt for weds as that's the earliest they could fit me in. Im also sooo tired. I could sleep right now. I just keep praying it is nothing serious. I had a pap a year and 3 months ago and it was normal. I have never had an abnormal pap smear. any advice would be appreciated,. thank you,.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Could I have cancer? Going Crazy!

It could be so many benign things, but the first thing you need to do is see your gynecologist. They are the only one who will tell you for sure what is going on. Call today. Best wishes.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:51 PM   #3
Keli927
(female)

Keli927 HB User

Thank you - I did call my dr but couldn't get an appt until weds.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:08 AM   #4
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Many other things could be the cause - cysts, peri, etc. I wouldn't get too worried at this point. I know several women to whom this has happened and it was all benign.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:42 AM   #5
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

Yes, it could be any number of things. But since many benign conditions can cause those symptoms, the odds are in your favor that it is benign (non-cancerous). Whenever the menstrual cycle is affected, we tend to assume the root cause is gynecologic. But heavier bleeding tends to cause more cramping. Some bowel problems can also cause cramping. Something like thyroid dysfunction can affect the menstrual cycle, bowel motility, energy level / metabolism, etc. It is good you are seeing your doctor to figure out what is causing this. Let us know what you find out.

Old 12-09-2015, 05:22 AM   #6
Keli927
(female)

Keli927 HB User

Thank you for your responses and making me feel a bit better. My appt is in a few hours and I am a nervous wreck. Im so scared of what the dr might find or say. Im sure I will need to have other tests too which also makes me nervous. I have a severe health anxiety as it is. Ive just convinced myself that it is cancer and Im going to die.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

What did the doctor say?

Old 12-10-2015, 08:21 PM   #8
Keli927
(female)

Keli927 HB User

The doctor found a blood vessel that had broken open probably from sex or putting in a tampon the week before. he said he would do a colposcopy in a month to cauterize it. in the meantime I had a pap done and cultures and we are waiting for those to come back. I felt much better until I googled Blood vessels and cervix and everything came up as cancer. I had a massive anxiety attack this morning and was hysterical. I called the dr and he reassured me that he didn't see anything that would make him think cancer and reminded me that my pap smears have all been normal and I have never tested positive for HPV. I still don't feel right though. im terrified of the pap results. and not only that but I have been having pain in my lower abdomen - like a dull ache on either side like where my ovaries would be and im convinced of ovarian cancer as well. I am just a mess. I had to take a Xanax today. any more advice would be greatly appreciated. talking to others really helps me.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:34 AM   #9
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Your doctor already reassured you, and you have my word that he would not lie to you!

Old 12-13-2015, 08:49 AM   #10
Keli927
(female)

Keli927 HB User

first I was scared of cervical cancer (and I still am) but im now even more afraid of ovarian cancer. I keep finding things about how it doesn't have a lot of symptoms but that gas and bloating are a big one - which is something I have been worried about for awhile now. as soon as I saw that I had major panic attacks. now my stomach is sore and Ive been constipated. Im freaking out. and this is all happeneing right before xmas and I have 2 small children and my anxiety has just taken over!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to Keli927:
sweetpotato13 (12-14-2015)
Closed Thread