It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• First abnormal pap smear: AGC

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #1
    purpledinosaur
    (female)

purpledinosaur HB User
    First abnormal pap smear: AGC

Hi, this is my first time posting! I just had a pap smear for the first time in about 5 years, due to some life things and also my pretty ridiculous fear of doctors. In an attempt to get over that fear/anxiety I went and got my pap test done one week ago, figuring everything would be fine since I am young (26 years old) and healthy... and yesterday I got a call early in the morning that my results were abnormal and showed Atypical Glandular Cells, and I would need to go in right away for a colposcopy. The colposcopy is scheduled for Thursday, and I have been lowkey freaking out since yesterday when I found out, reading all the research online that says there is a high chance of something being seriously wrong with a result of AGC.

Has anyone had the result of AGC with nothing wrong?? And how long does it take for colposcopy results to come back?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2016, 02:23 AM   #2
    Mg2121
    (female)

Mg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB User
    Re: First abnormal pap smear: AGC

I understand the freaking! I did have an abnormal pap many years ago showing the same AGC abd I was only 19 at the time but fortunately i was ok. They told me that i had "pre-cancerous cells" in which they did some sort of procedure that basically cleaned me out. I'm now 37 and my paps up to date all have been fine. The percentages of it not being cancer are much higher than it being cancer, so I wish you luck with it!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mg2121 For This Useful Post:
    purpledinosaur (01-13-2016)
    Old 01-28-2016, 09:26 PM   #3
    Prairie Fairie
    (female)

Prairie Fairie HB User
    Re: First abnormal pap smear: AGC

I haven't had the AGC, or they haven't told me. But, I've had a couple of abnormal paps since I was in my late teens or early 20s (I'm late 30s now) and I've had two colposcopies. It was explained to me after the first one that sometimes they catch your body in a time where it's going through some changes and the changes come up as abnormal. After they took the sample from the colposcopies, they deemed everything was fine.

Closed Thread