It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

LSIL and HPV High Risk Non-16/18

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
Steph206
(female)

Steph206 HB User
LSIL and HPV High Risk Non-16/18

I just received a call from the doctor that my pap came back as low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (LSIL) and HPV High Risk Non-16/18. I do not really understand much about it other than I need to go back and get a colposcopy done. The doctor basically said they probably aren't even precancerous cells but I am extremely nervous and anxious. I also noticed in the last three months or so sex after my period usually has an odor as well as it being a little painful (if from behind - TMI i'm sorry). Anyone else going through this and let me know what i could expect? I am very jump on the emotion type of person and once I heard abnormal I kind of flipped out.

thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2016, 09:23 AM   #2
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: LSIL and HPV High Risk Non-16/18

I'm sorry you're dealing with this! I had an abnormal pap many years ago but my doctor told me we just needed to do another pap in 6 months or so. I never had another abnormal one. However, that was prior to HPV testing. But HPV is common and most cases are transient especially in young women. Although you mentioned having a high risk type HPV, it's good it's not 16 or 18 as I've read those two cause the majority of cervical cancers.

Since your results appear to be low grade (colposcopy will get a better look), it may very well resolve on its own but even if it doesn't it's very treatable. And cervical cancer typically takes many years to develop from abnormal cells.

I hope this eases your mind a bit! Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Closed Thread