It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

abnormal pap smear

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
Proudmommy5173
(female)

Proudmommy5173 HB User
abnormal pap smear

Ok so 3 years ago i had a normal pap and negative for hpv, a week or so ago i had an abnormal papsmear showing asc-h and im so scared in have a colposcopy on the 21st of this month, but it seems to long im worried its cervical cancer and know nothing about what asc-h means and the internet just keeps telling me it could be cancer so if anyone could help me please, i have anxiety which is not helping

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2016, 08:18 AM   #2
Steph206
(female)

Steph206 HB User
Re: abnormal pap smear

Mine for the last however many years was normal non HPV. Mine came back recently.i just had a colposcopy today. Trust me i understand how you are feeling. My recent pap came back LSIL and I was extremely nervous. I felt like i didn't sleep all week. The colposcopy is ok. A little painful when they take the biopsies. My doctor told me i should have results in 10 days, so its another wait there. From what I read, a lot of abnormal paps are treatable. I completely understand the nerves though.

Hang in there and just wait for results.

Closed Thread