It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

New ASC-H

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
arriebird
(female)

arriebird HB User
New ASC-H

Hey everyone, I'm new to the Health Boards, and I guess I'm looking to connect with others who may be going through the same thing as I am right now.

I am 30, just had my second baby a few months ago, and I've had several issues since delivery. I had retained placenta, resulting in a uterine infection, hospitalization for IV antibiotics, and an emergency D&C. I thought everything had finally gotten back to normal when the results of my pap came back 10 days ago. My gynecologist's office called and told me that my pap was abnormal and showed ASC-H. I was booked for a colposcopy which was done this past Wednesday. My gynecologist noted one lesion in particular that appeared suspicious and it was biopsied. She seemed pretty confident that this lesion was the cause of my abnormal pap.

I have never had an abnormal pap until now, and I am understandably frightened. I have done some reading about ASC-H and from what I've read, it is almost always indicative of a moderate to high grade lesion. I have to wait three weeks for the results of my biopsy.

I'd love to hear from anyone who started out with a report showing ASC-H, and how it turned out for you. I know I'm probably worrying excessively at this point, and I understand that it has most likely not reached the point of being cancer, but I'm just so worried. Any feedback or experiences welcome. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread