It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

Recent Coloscopy

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2017, 10:33 PM   #1
Caligirl775
(female)

Caligirl775 HB User
Recent Coloscopy

Hi everyone, I recently had a coloscopy done last Thursday, April 20th, and I've been trying to find some info out online but can't seem to find any complete answers to my questions. I was told that I would have some discharge for around a week and to also not have sex for a week either, among other things. Well tomorrow makes one week and I'm still having discharge. It's not loose or gunky, but when I wipe after using the restroom it's a very dark brown and sometimes even has a greenish color to it. I have also been wearing pads and pantry liners for a week now and they always have the discharge on them as well. There was the normal discharge after the coloscopy and then two-four days later I was bleeding a little. Or I guess the discharge was red? And then since then it's been the dark brown and I've also noticed from time to time what looks like coffee grains, which I was told about by my doctor. Anyway, I understand the discharge is normal but is it normal for up to a week? Because I'm starting to get very annoyed. And I will most likely be seeing my partner on Friday night and would like to engage in sex with him. I already had to turn him down last weekend and I've been really hoping on Friday I will be ok so that we can be intimate. Because of course I don't want to sleep with him if I'm still having discharge coming out. Is there anything I can do to possibly stop it from happening, that way he and I can be together this weekend? Because next week I will be on my period so it won't be able to happen then. And when will the discharge finally stop and everything go back to normal?

I apologize for this being so long. I just had so many questions and I wasn't sure what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply