It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

Worried about Ovarian Cancer

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2017, 07:00 PM   #1
H12345
(female)

H12345 HB User
Worried about Ovarian Cancer

Hi-

I'm 23 and am paranoid that I could have Ovarian Cancer. My symptoms seem very similar to IBS and I know that ovarian cancer symptoms are very similar. I have been having frequent stomach aches, like my stomach is in knots. This comes and goes. I've been have more bowel movements than usual. Or I only have one, but feel like I didn't go all the way for the rest of the day. I wake up some days extremely nauseous, but this passes in about an hour or two. I also sometimes get nauseous during the day but this passes too. I've always had problems and burp kind of a lot, but I'm not sure if I'm burping more than usual lately. I have SLIGHT cramping that doesn't last long and comes/goes right above the corner of where my thigh meets my vagina. Is that where my ovaries are? Google hasn't been much help with that. A week ago I woke up in the middle of the night with my stomach in knots and pretty bad pain. I was very bloated, but this went away. I'm seeing a gastroenolgist in 2 weeks, but I just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience? I'm just paranoid and worried. I would love any help anyone has. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by H12345; 06-11-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2017, 04:07 AM   #2
Seraph
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Worried about Ovarian Cancer

There are so many conditions with these symptoms:
IBS
Wheat/lactose sensitivity
Urinary tract infection
Chronic appendicitis
Gall bladder issues
Stomach ulcer
Pelvic infection
Diet issues
To name but a few..all of these are FAR more common than ovarian cancer. Get everything checked out, but don't worry yourself into an anxiety state. BTW, the area down by the groin is not where your ovaries would hurt, and if it was, it would probably be more than an occasional twinge. Relax, go see your gastro-enterologist and hopefully get to the bottom of it. Cheers, Sera

Reply Reply