It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

LGSIL & HPV pos - Help, I'm new & scared

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2017, 09:05 AM   #1
Bengal2
(female)

Bengal2 HB User
LGSIL & HPV pos - Help, I'm new & scared

Hi all,

I have just learned that my Pap came back abnormal with LGSIL present. I also tested positive for HPV - high risk strands. I have had 2-3 abnormal paps in my lifetime but a follow up pap always came back normal. I've always tested negative for HPV until now. Dr says HPV can lie dormant for years & is only able to be detected if it's active. Now my Dr wants to do a Colposcopy & Cervical Biopsy. She said they don't give anything for pain before, during, or after the procedure & that it will bleed for a week.

I haven't been able to stop crying. To say I'm scared is an understatement. I'm scared because I now have HPV & from what I'm reading it is now something I will always have. I'm even more scared of getting the biopsy. I can't imagine going through that without being given pain management!! Why would anyone Do this without managing the pain?!!!! I'm worried about the cancer too but Dr says it's 99% not cancerous.

Has anyone ever gotten a Cervical Biopsy done before? Please tell me your experience. How painful is it scale of 1-10, how long afterward does the pain last? What does it feel like? How long does bleeding last & Why does it bleed for an entire week if it just causes "discomfort" according to the Dr??? Did any of you receive anything for pain before the procedure & what was it? I don't want a sugar coated or watered down idea of what to expect, I want to be able to go in prepared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2017, 02:35 PM   #2
teg01
(female)

teg01 HB User
Re: LGSIL & HPV pos - Help, I'm new & scared

Hey Bengal,

Please do not be upset. A couple of months ago, I was at a follow-up appointment with my gynocologic oncologist who told me that "most of us have have." I this that your gyno is on track to keeping you healthy. I have had both of those procedures without any medication, during or after. I found that ibuprofen helped me with the cramping after the procedures. The gynecological cancers in women grow slowly and the best thing that you can do for yourself is to do just what you are doing now, staying current with your exams. Hang in there!

Old 11-11-2017, 11:30 PM   #3
bethA
(female)

bethA HB User
Re: LGSIL & HPV pos - Help, I'm new & scared

I've had 2 coloscopies and they were only slightly worse than a regular pap. The doctor suggested motrin or advil beforehand but I didn't take anything. During the procedure, my Dr. did a biopsy and ECC, I could feel sensations similar to getting a pap test but wouldn't call them painful. I think everyone reacts differently and it probably also depends on the Dr. Hope your procedure went well.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-12-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
cervical biopsy, colposcopy, hpv+, lgsil