It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Adenocarcinoma in SITU- CKC pathology Questions

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-23-2019, 10:29 AM   #1
    grafj39
    (female)

grafj39 HB User
    Adenocarcinoma in SITU- CKC pathology Questions

Hi everyone! I have a few questions. I already wrote it all out and I got signed out so Iím going to try and shorten it.
    My history is 10 years abnormal paps. I never knew the terminology, just that I have HPV and normally it disappears. Only normal pap Iíve had was right after pregnancy and it was a fluke 🙃. 3 years ago I was set up for a colposcopy and I skipped it. I know it was stupid but my mom passed away at 56 from a separate cancer, so my head wasnít right.

Fast forward to 3 months ago- my first time back at the Gyno for a UTI and 9 months without a period. They did another pap and called me right away because it came back highly abnormal and they set me up for a colposcopy. It came back the same HSIL CIN3. ECC-negative. My gyn referred me to an oncologist. He said a big area was white and he only took one snippet so he would feel better to be on the safe side.
    Oncologist recommended CKC. My POST op isnít until Oct 2nd. My pathology report reads as:
    Tumor found-Adenocarcinoma in SITU
    Intraepithelial lesions (neoplasm)
    HSIL
    óóóóóóóó
    ECC- unremarkable,
    Margins not involved
    Findings-Placental site nodule

Weirdest part was my sister spoke with the doctors (Long story) so I didnít get to ask questions yet. Which I will for my appt. Can anyone help me with a few?

So my oncologist after this went back to the Gyno and got the slides- Iím guessing to see if they missed the AIS, waiting on those results.

So I thought since AIS was glandular it would be on the endocervix not the ectocerxix/exo? That confuses me.

Iím so glad I have clear margins , has anyone with clear margins had it come back?
    I truly donít want a hysterectomy, and I will discuss that with my doctor. I canít have more kids right now but do want to in the future unless this will just keep coming back.
    Did anyone else have a placental site nodule, that has to be watched? (I know separate issue but figured I would try)

Anyone else have a similar report?
    Anyone else diagnosed only by cone? (missed on pap and colpo)

Throw at me any other words of wisdom are appreciated and thank you so much for taking the time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    adenocarcinoma in situ, cervical, cin3, hsil, woman health