It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Moderate free fluid on pelvic ultrasound, very scared!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-06-2019, 05:57 PM   #1
    carysmom
    (female)

carysmom HB User
    Unhappy Moderate free fluid on pelvic ultrasound, very scared!

I'm so scared! A transvaginal ultrasound showed moderate free fluid in the pelvis the radiologist suspects are ascites, plus an enlarged ovary and unknown hypoechoic mass "possibly a subtle fibroid." I went in for worsening bladder/pelvic pressure and change in bowel habits over the last couple months, though I've had bloating issues on and off for a while now. Everything I've read says ascites mean advanced cancer, and the symptoms I've been having match symptoms for fluid. I have an appt with a gynecologist next week and assume he'll schedule a CT scan, though I'm tempted (and also terrified) to just go to the ER and get one done asap.

I'm a 36 year old mom of a four year old I thought I'd get to see grow up. I'm a wreck-haven't slept in days (though insomnia has been present for months now), appetite has vanished since I saw the report. I can't focus on anything, not even my family. I don't know what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2019, 09:34 PM   #2
    TreeFrog
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB User
    Re: Moderate free fluid on pelvic ultrasound, very scared!

carysmom,

That also may also prove to be a treatable infection or just benign fluid.
    Try to remind yourself of this fact so you can breathe and relax.

A radiologist has no business terrifying you with 'suspicions'.

This is a time to find out the facts before getting upset.
    Let us know what facts you find out.

Hugs,

Old 10-07-2019, 04:27 AM   #3
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User
    Re: Moderate free fluid on pelvic ultrasound, very scared!

Itís so hard not to let your fears and emotions get the best of you right now. If the radiologist thought it was something extremely time sensitive, they wouldíve sent you straight to CT. Try to deal in facts only right now. The fact is, itís not cancer until they say itís cancer. I have Moderate complex free fluid in cul de sac and it was from a ruptured ovarian cyst so there are lots of options outside of something sinister

Try to relax, if they thought it was really bad, you wouldíve been fast tracked

Reply Reply