It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Cysts/ultrasound results, lack of communication?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-14-2021, 02:06 PM   #1
    MollyW2013
    (female)

MollyW2013 HB User
    Cysts/ultrasound results, lack of communication?

Maybe the fact that my doc hasn't talked to me about these results is a good thing? But, I just want to make sure I shouldn't ask for another appt or CT? Here are my results. If anyone understands or has experience with anything like this, it would be greatly appreciated.

"Ovaries:Right ovary measures 4.9x4.2x3.1cm in size. Left ovary measures 2.9x2.4x1.8cm in size. There is a 3.5x2.9x2.9cm right ovarian cysts with minimal internal septation/debris. Irregular appearing cyst with internal debris is seen in right ovary measures 1.2x0.5x0.7cm in size. Complex cyst is also noted in left ovary measures 1.7x1.2x1.1cm in size. 8-8.1mm tubular structure is seen in left adnexa adjacent to left ovary. No definite internal vascularity is seen. Other: No pathologic free abdominal or pelvic fluid. IMPRESSION: 1.Slightly enlarged uterus. No discrete uterine fibroid. No endometrial mass or fluid. 2.Complex cysts seen nbilateral ovaries suggest sonographic follow-up. 8-8.1mm tubular structure seen in left adnexa adjacent to left ovary without definite internal vascularity. Finding could represent hydrosalpinx, suggest sonographic follow-up".

Background on me..... I'm in my late 40's, never had any pelvic or STD's, have had two successful pregnancies, one with twins. I do also have breast cysts that are reviewed every six months.

Breast ultrasound:
    There is a 0.3 cm x 0.3 cm x 0.2 cm oval cyst with a septated internal wall in the left
    breast at 1 o'clock middle depth. This oval cyst is hypoechoic with a well-defined
    boundary, internal echoes, and posterior acoustic enhancement. This correlates with
    mammography findings. Color flow imaging demonstrates that there is no vascularity
    present. There also is a 0.3 cm x 0.2 cm x 0.3 cm oval cyst with a septated internal wall in the
    left breast at 1 o'clock middle depth. This oval cyst is hypoechoic with a well-defined
    boundary and internal echoes. This correlates with mammography findings. Color flow
    imaging demonstrates that there is no vascularity present.

Sorry this is long. But, I love these boards because usually someone can empathize and has some helpful insight. I appreciate you all and hope you all take care.

M.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2021, 03:19 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Cysts/ultrasound results, lack of communication?

First of all, why did you have the U/S? They aren't done as a matter of course. That being said, almost all women have ovarian cysts. It isn't a cause for concern unless something else is going on. They are often painful also. So if you were having some odd pain and he wanted to check to be sure it was a cyst, then the answer is yes. Outside of that, it all looks pretty good. However, I would at least call and have the nurse check to be sure.

Reply Reply

« Lynparza cost | - »