It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Healing after a LEEP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2004, 05:29 PM   #1
    mzza111
    (female)

mzza111 HB User
    Healing after a LEEP

I had the LEEP procedure on Feb 10th and I'd been "leaking" a clear liquid until a few days ago when I started "leaking" a clear liquid with black ash-like substance mixed in with it. It also isn't the best smelling discharge either. How long does this usually last? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ami

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2004, 06:06 PM   #2
    cassia

cassia HB User
    Re: Healing after a LEEP

i also had a clear liquard like discharge . and as for the ash like (or my doctor told me like coffee grinds) i know that is gross. but he told me it is the medicine that they put on your cervix . it is like stiches but a liquard form to stop the cervix from bleeding and heal . as for the odor maybe you have a infection i had that after the leep. i suggest you call the doctor and explain it to him/her. good luck

Old 02-21-2004, 11:06 PM   #3
    Boyz-mom

Boyz-mom HB User
    Re: Healing after a LEEP

I bled and leaked after my LEEP for about 11 days. I was worried about the odor as well. It is sort of a funky smell. I would smell it every time I went to the bathroom because I was worried that it was infected. Odd odor is normal. Foul odor is not. If it smells like sickness you should call your Dr.

P.S. Coffee grounds is exactly what it looked like. I told my husband that I had coffee in my pants. LOL

Closed Thread