It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Pinkish discharge...cancer?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2004, 09:07 AM   #1
    lbp35
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lbp35 HB User
    Pinkish discharge...cancer?

I hope someone can help me, I have had a pinkish discharge for approx. 6 days now. I had my last exam & pap in Feb which was all normal.Me and my husband are trying to have a baby so I thought maybe I am pregnant. My period is not due for another week and a half but i did a test anyway, it was neg. Anyway does this sound like cancer, should I go get checked again? I called my doctors office, the nurse said it sounded hormonal but I am still worried. Any advice????Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2004, 07:08 AM   #2
    Mom22greatkids
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mom22greatkids HB User
    Re: Pinkish discharge...cancer?

Perhaps it was implantation spotting? I heard that can happen. Are you still having the discharge? You won't get a positive pregnancy test this early. I think there are a few tests that can detect early by a few days but not 1.5 weeks early. If you are still having the discharge you should probably make an appt. to be safe. Otherwise I would wait and test if you don't get your period when it's due. Good luck!

Old 06-30-2004, 07:59 AM   #3
    lbp35
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lbp35 HB User

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I am still having it, that's what is bothering me. I called the nurse at my doctors office again and told her this has been 6 days now. She still didn't seem concerned. It is not alot but like when I wipe???? I did do the pregnancy test, it was negative but your probably right about it being too early. The nurse also said I might not get my period at all this month....so who knows? I just don't know how long I should let it go on before I call again. The nurse said to make a chart and if it happens for 3 months to call. Did it happen to you when you were pregnant? What should I do? Thanks again!

Old 07-01-2004, 10:10 AM   #4
    Mom22greatkids
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mom22greatkids HB User

No it didn't happen when I was pregnant but I have heard that it does happen upon implantation. Six days seems a little long though. If you don't get your period when it's due test again. If the test is neg. and it has never happened before then you should make an appointment. Skip talking to the nurse. I'm sure it's not cancer but it's better to get it checked. It's a good sign you had a negative pap in Feb. Hopefully it's just from pregnancy and I hope you get a positive result! I'll be looking for an update!

Old 07-01-2004, 03:01 PM   #5
    lbp35
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lbp35 HB User

Mom2,

Yea, I agree. I called today and seched. an appointment. Not until next Friday though! I'll drive myself crazy until then. I don't think I am pregnant, if I am there's a problem because I'm still bleeding. I guess I should say spotting, it's not really bleeding. I am reading alot on the internet about cancer so I am getting a bit nervous. I have had a terrible time with stress this month(found out my ex huband has throat cancer) but you would think it would have stopped by now. So they are to call me if there is a cancellation tom. if not it's next Friday. Thanks for the reply and I will keep you posted. Thanks again!

Closed Thread