It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• cervical cancer and birth control pill linked?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-11-2004, 08:52 PM   #1
    mysterious76

mysterious76 HB User
    Red face cervical cancer and birth control pill linked?

Iíve been reading all kinds of studies linking cervical cancer and long term birth control pill usage (i.e., more than 5 yrs). Said the HPV was more likely to progress to cancer (much higher risk) if long term b.c. use. SO, I calculated and Iíve been using for exactly 5 years and a couple months. I wish I had stopped it back when I found out I had HPV. But my doctor didnít seem to think it really mattered, b/c the studies aren't really conclusive. But tons of studies have found this link. To summarize, I had moderate to high dysplasia, and they did a LEEP, and the margins were clear, and my first repeat pap was negative, and the second one was low grade dysplasia again, so i'm supposed to just wait for 3 more months so we can see what it's doing then b/c they can't operate again right now for some reason. SO anyway, Iím stressingÖ maybe thatís why my repeat pap was abnormal. Iím wondering if I should stop taking them tomorrow (mid-pack)Ö but apparently, they donít think the risk decreases for up to 8 yrs after discontinuing. I donít want to call my gyn and bug her, but I just feel like Iím going to get cancer b/c I use the pill. I don't smoke and Iím starting to eat more foods that are supposed to help prevent cervical cancer (certain fruits, veggies, etc). Anyway, any opinions on this? I can't stop thinking about it!!!
    Misty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread