It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• how long undiagnosed to get to stage 4??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-16-2004, 05:41 AM   #1
    way2sad

way2sad HB User
    Unhappy how long undiagnosed to get to stage 4??

how long do you have to be undiagnosed to get to stage 4?? i have a friend that just died and she was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with cervical cancer. everything(some research) that i have read says that it is 100% cureable if caught early. i didn't ask many questions as..i couldn't help her except to be her friend. i knew from what little information i had that is was not good but i never expected three weeks?"??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2004, 08:32 AM   #2
    KimRick
    Inactive

KimRick HB User
    Re: how long undiagnosed to get to stage 4??

They say that cervical cancer is a VERY SLOW progressing disease, usually 7-10 years before you actually have actual cancer. Although, it really depends on the person, their immune system and how well they take care of themselves. For some people, it's slow, for others it's very fast. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by way2sad
    how long do you have to be undiagnosed to get to stage 4?? i have a friend that just died and she was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with cervical cancer. everything(some research) that i have read says that it is 100% cureable if caught early. i didn't ask many questions as..i couldn't help her except to be her friend. i knew from what little information i had that is was not good but i never expected three weeks?"??

Closed Thread