It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• After a Leep

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-22-2004, 04:40 AM   #1
    Laurn04

Laurn04 HB User
    After a Leep

I had a Leep last week under general and was told I would have bleeding for up to 4 weeks, as well as cramping after the procedure. I am in no way complaining here, but I have had niether cramps or bleeding in any way. Has anyone else had the same fortunate experience? It is like I have not had anything done at all. I now have to wait 6 months to see if cells were removed and tests are negative. I only had CIN 1 so I guess 6 months is the standard time to wait. Anyway thanks for any replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2004, 08:10 AM   #2
    KimRick
    Inactive

KimRick HB User
    Re: After a Leep

I had a LEEP last May and for the first week I didn't have anything either and then BAM! It hit me, literally, like a ton of bricks (a week later, to the day). The cramping was SOOOO bad, that I was popping percocet as if were candy, just so I wouldn't have to feel the pain. The bleeding lasted about 6 weeks - what a pain (literally).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lauren04
    I had a Leep last week under general and was told I would have bleeding for up to 4 weeks, as well as cramping after the procedure. I am in no way complaining here, but I have had niether cramps or bleeding in any way. Has anyone else had the same fortunate experience? It is like I have not had anything done at all. I now have to wait 6 months to see if cells were removed and tests are negative. I only had CIN 1 so I guess 6 months is the standard time to wait. Anyway thanks for any replies.

Closed Thread