It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• high grade lesion? What is it?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2004, 02:44 PM   #1
    redstarr987
    (female)

redstarr987 HB User
    Question high grade lesion? What is it?

So my results from my colpo are lost somewhere. I had it done on the 1st so you can imagine that I'm a bit MAD!!! Actually I think there is really steam coming out of my ears. Good news..my doctor called me. I made him explain to me a little bit about what he saw when he did the colpo and he says that it didn't look like it was cancer yet but it was definitely a "high grade lesion". What is that? I am still so totally lost...hmmphh. He also explained to me that what he thought was one thing, pathology might see as another. So what is wrong with me..that is what I would like to know? Everytime I ask a question, the answer to it is questionable. .PLEASE HELP ME...
    thanks Susan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2004, 08:29 PM   #2
    Sugarhi16
    (female)

Sugarhi16 HB User
    Re: high grade lesion? What is it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by redstarr987
    So my results from my colpo are lost somewhere. I had it done on the 1st so you can imagine that I'm a bit MAD!!! Actually I think there is really steam coming out of my ears. Good news..my doctor called me. I made him explain to me a little bit about what he saw when he did the colpo and he says that it didn't look like it was cancer yet but it was definitely a "high grade lesion". What is that? I am still so totally lost...hmmphh. He also explained to me that what he thought was one thing, pathology might see as another. So what is wrong with me..that is what I would like to know? Everytime I ask a question, the answer to it is questionable. .PLEASE HELP ME...
    thanks Susan
    I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I hope they find your results soon. It's hard enough to go through this and that just makes it harder.

Just about everything about dysplasia is confusing at first. This board has really helped me sort out details. Anyways, my Doctor told me that a high grade lesion means that the dysplasia is moderate to severe, not mild. Don't freak out though, it is treatable. The good news is it was caught before it can get worse.

Hope this was helpful, but feel free to post anymore questions you have.

Old 12-18-2004, 10:34 AM   #3
    karen32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

karen32 HB User

Susan - I'm grrring at your doctor right now and whoever "lost" your colpo results. Talk about making a stressful situation for you even worse!!! Sugarhi is right, high grade means a moderate to severe lesion. Basically that means that more layers of tissue are affected by the lesion. Other terms that might be of use are CIN 2 and CIN 3. I bumped up one of your first threads, because you had a reply from a lady who went through her pregnancy with CIN 3. Maybe she will read it too and come back on and give you some support? I don't personally have experience with dysplasia and pregnancy, but I do know of a few people who have gone through their pregnancies with high grade lesions. They won't treat dysplasia while you are pregnant unless it is absolutely necessary. My guess is they will continue to monitor you with colpos to keep an eye on things (once the path report is found and confirmed high grade). Your doc should be discussing these things with you. think about your questions, write them down and demand he answer them for you. If he is unwilling to do this, try to find another doctor who will. You need these answers! when the path report comes in, request a copy of it. Keep it for your records. Alot of the info I've found on the net has sections specifically about dealing with dysplasia during pregnancy, it just takes a little work to find them at first. I hope this helps you, even just a little bit. Take care.

Karen

Old 12-18-2004, 10:56 AM   #4
    redstarr987
    (female)

redstarr987 HB User

Well, I was hoping to hear better news. I'd rather know it's worse than I had hoped than not know at all. I guess I just have to wait it out. At least it's not cancer, yet. Well, I guess I really won't know for sure until the lab finds my samples. But, even though my doctor makes me angry I'd like to believe he's right about that. I'll be having a lot of paps since I'm pg, maybe I'll get lucky and one will just come up normal. My doctor did say that I,ll need to get another colpo around 28 weeks. I'm 22 weeks now. Not that far from now but I'm afraid that if my results aren't found it's going to be sooner. Thanks everyone for helping me through this. I've found a lot of support in these boards. It's so hard to talk to my family and friends about everything because they worry so much.

Closed Thread