It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• I have all the signs but noone will listen to me help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2005, 06:15 AM   #1
    baygurl

baygurl HB User
    Post I have all the signs but noone will listen to me help!

I think I may have ovarian cancer but have been misdiagnosed with Ibs.
    I have been have a combination of intestinal and gastric problems for at least 3 years now,have had barumenema,and the scope put in my bowel which shows no problems.
    I have been doing some research on the web looking for answers to my problems and have found that ovarian cancer has the same type of symptoms that I have.My symptoms include,bad heartburn,felling of being full all the time,large weight gain especially in my stomach area, diarrhea, constant ach and pressure in my lower back not relieved by bowel movement,sometimes made worse. lower pelvic cramps that go down both legs,excessive gas.And extreeme fatigue to the point that I can barely function.
    I have to see my family doctor who is also an ob/gyn monday,I know If I complain again about the pain and cramping he is going to associate it with my bowel,except they cant see anything wrong with my bowel.
    My doctor makes me feel like I am overreacting about this.How can I make him take me serious?And did anyone else have these symptoms before being diagnosed with ovarian cancer.Please let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2005, 12:06 AM   #2
    Zerberbaby

Zerberbaby HB User
    Re: I have all the signs but noone will listen to me help!

Change doctors. If your doc will not listen to you and run the necessary tests to either confirm or rule out the condition then you have no choice but to find someone who is willing to help.

Try getting into a large teaching hospital where they have the full range of diagnostic equipment and get a full work up tonsils to toenails. Most large hospitals have physician referral programs to get you in to see the doctors that you need.

Good Luck!

Old 02-18-2005, 04:52 AM   #3
    aussie22
    (female)

aussie22 HB User

What you need is an ultra-sound. They can do this either vaginally or externally (but you have to drink a lot of water). Ask your doctor about this.

Old 02-18-2005, 05:09 AM   #4
    baygurl

baygurl HB User

I can't change doctors.I live in a small town in Canada and there is a shortage of gp's as it is.There are countless people here that don't even have a family physician because there doc has left the area and every other doc is full.On weekends the emergency dept in the local hospital is closed because they have no doctors to work it.
    I feel fortunate that my family doc is also a ob/gyn.Where I live you get what you get.My province also has the highest cancer rates in canada(scarry huh).
    Last night the symptoms changed,I felt like I was carrying a twin on my bladder.Had alot of pressure on my bladder that wasnt relieved when I used the bathroom.Dont think it is an infection because no pain or burning when I peed.
    Pressure is gone this morning,but I have a nagging ache in my back.
    Have an appointment Monday with him,going to ask for an ultrasound to check out the pelvis.Thankyou for your input,it is much appreciated.

Old 07-31-2005, 01:49 AM   #5
    concernedHubbie
    (male)

concernedHubbie HB User

Hi Baygurl!
    I hope by this point someone has helped you with this problem. My wife who is 20, sems to be having the same problems as you. Because she is young she gets a pat on the bum and some birthcontrol pills. we also live in Ontario and only are doctor at a local clinic is providing any sort of help. To get into a gyno seems impossible. we found a walk-in one, but he was a jerk and told my wife she had gas and was "crazy". Got to love Ontario!!!!
    Best wishes

Old 09-20-2005, 04:50 AM   #6
    hefnerbrats
    (female)

hefnerbrats HB User

I have similar symptoms to yours. I have discussed it with my doctor and been to the emergency room because I was hurting so bad. My blood pressure was 148/100 and the nurse said it was that high because I was in so much pain. They did an ultrasound and they still found nothing. I had an abnormal pap over a yr ago that showed precancer cells. I recently had another another abnormal pap and have to go for my 2nd colp and biopsy today. You need to really talk your doc in to running some test for you. Best of luck let us know if you figure out what the problem is.

Closed Thread