It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Mild dysplasia, pelvic pain--very worried

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
    editorchic
    (female)

editorchic HB User
    Exclamation Mild dysplasia, pelvic pain--very worried

I went off the pill about 1 1/2 years ago and have had some light bleeding ever since. It was only right around my period, but lately it has become, some months, almost constant. Also, some months I have pretty severe pelvic pain only on my right side. I went to doc, and Pap showed mild dysplasia. She prescribed BC at the time of the Pap (almost 2 months ago). Biopsy showed only mild dysplasia, but they prescribed an antibiotic for cervicitis. They didn't tell me what type of infection I have; I still have 1 day of antibiotics left, but they have had little effect on my symptoms.

Since the biopsy 2 weeks ago, I have been bleeding-only very light, but enough that I am worried. Also, this is the first month that I have restarted the pill, and I know that that can sometimes cause bleeding for the first few months. I thought, though, that I was put on the pill to stop the light bleeding I have been experiencing since I went off the pill over a year ago. I am worried that with the pelvic pain and bleeding, something more may be wrong.

I know this is a long, complicated story. Does anyone have input or advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2005, 07:37 PM   #2
    NicoleMM
    (female)

NicoleMM HB User
    Re: Mild dysplasia, pelvic pain--very worried

I found out about a year ago that I also have mild dysplasia..was tested for HPV and it came back negative. I have been on the pill for years (strong family history of ovarian and breast cancer) and have bled between my periods for >5 years now. My doctor thought that I might be ovulating, so continued to prescribe stronger and stronger doses of the pill...to no avail. But, what I did find out last year during my pelvic ultrasound is that I have polyps and a thickend uterine lining. It is my understanding that the polyps can cause the inter-period bleeding...which is what I believe is causing my symptoms (and I say this because my biopsy can back begnin). Perhaps you should ask your doctor for a pelvic ultrasound to see what is going on???

Closed Thread